Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Season Overview

Well, we are now 3-0 and the dream is still alive!!

Our home opener is setting up to be a good welcome for our road warriors. Let's talk it up people, talk to friends, neighbors, co-workers, heck strangers for that matter. We need to welcome the Redbirds to a full house and show our Owl's the support and appreciation they deserve. They have work there tail-off to give us a 3-0 start and deserve our efforts to pack & rock the house.

The players have done there part, now lets do ours.

Go Owls!!

Back to the top

Season Overview

Well, we are now 3-0 and the dream is still alive!!

Our home opener is setting up to be a good welcome for our road warriors. Let's talk it up people, talk to friends, neighbors, co-workers, heck strangers for that matter. We need to welcome the Redbirds to a full house and show our Owl's the support and appreciation they deserve. They have work there tail-off to give us a 3-0 start and deserve our efforts to pack & rock the house.

The players have done there part, now lets do ours.

Go Owls!!

I don't mean to put in damper in your 3-0 record, but I have to question the teams you've played. Yes, 3-0 looks very nice for a 1-A provisionary school.

BUT!

Those three wins are against teams that (not counting losses to FAU) are a combined 1-3.

Is Hawaii really that good this year? Judging how they did against lowly Rice, I would say not.

Is North Texas that good this year? Well, not only did they lose to FAU, but their other two opponents, Texas and Colorado have more than covered their spreads against the Mean Green by blowing UNT out.

And MTSU. What can I say about this crappy ball team? Their only other game involved a squeaker over the single worst ball team in the MAC. MTSU was lucky to win that one.

Let's take a gander at the supposed Great Three on FAU's schedule (really three very bad 1-A teams):

Not counting losses to FAU those three teams are 1-3 on the season:

Hawaii Lost to Rice 29-41
North Texas Lost to Texas 0-65
North Texas Lost to Colorado 21-52
MTSU Won Against Akron 31-24

Do the math. Those three teams have scored 81 points in four games while being outscored by 101 points!

Believe you me when I tell you you've faced three really crappy ball clubs and New Mexico State, Troy, and Louisiana-Monroe will be much tougher. Those three teams have a sufficient defense. The three teams you've already faced do not.
Back to the top

Season Overview

Great Win for the Owls. Congratulations on your wins this season thus far!! What you've done is nothing short of amazing in less than 4 full years!!!! Going over to established IA programs and beating them in their home field speaks volume for the spectacular progress by your team, subjective criticism notwithstanding.

I think it's clear what Florida homegrown talent, coupled with great coaching can do to build a program.

Once again, Congrats!!! You deserve the accolades.
Back to the top

Season Overview

BlueRaiderPride,
C'mon. First of all, it is pretty weak that you simply abandon ship and call your own ball club crappy. Nice sense of "pride" as the name implies. Secondly, FAU fans are happy because not many people gave us a chance in any of these games and though they weren't pretty, we came through with the wins. Nobody is claiming that we are a top 25 team. However, we are 3-0 which is more than any of our opponents say. By the way, wasn't someone from MTSU talking up the great Akron QB before the FAU game? What happened to that? Now MTSU and all of their opponents are terrible teams? What would say if MTSU had won the game? I am guessing that you would think they are a much better team than what they really are. I sense a bit of jealousy from you since MTSU is an established team in the league and has not had the success that FAU has had. Don't make all MTSU fans look like sore losers. I met some great MTSU fans at the game who were very classy both before the game and after the loss. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Season Overview

Season Overview

Man your posts are bordering on comical right now. How can you go from die hard MTSU fan the week before a game and then turn completely against them in a day after a tough loss? I will not cut and paste your VERY high thoughts of your team after the Akron win. I will not cut and paste your predictions of how the MTSU offense will do vs our defense. Or our small D linemen against your large offensive linemen.

Is this the same SemperFiBlue from last season after the MTSU loss to FAU? That one was gracious and accepted the loss. He also acknowledged the fact that we got lucky and looked forward to this year when MTSU would avenge the loss. He visited the old website and followed FAU through the near UCF win,the winning streak and the Colgate loss. He congratulated the team on the 11-3 year and looked forward to us joining the SunBelt this year. Is this the same guy? Apologies if I'm getting my Blue Raider fans mixed up.

We at FAU will take the 3-0 record. It only helps the SunBelt if someone is doing fine. Regardless of the competition, all wins will keep the conference in the limelight.
Back to the top

Season Overview

Exactly O.G. I wonder why is he now belittling UM, FIU, and FAU in their board, making ridiculous, and borderline racist comments about the makeup of our Universities. C'mmon Semper!! The fact that you lost to FAU could sure make you mad at your team, but let's not go overboard in criticisms over our South Florida schools because of it.

The fact that some of us are of Cuban (or Caribbean as you said) ancestry doesn't make us any better, but certainly, doesn't make us any worse either. Geez!! Talk about sour grapes……
Back to the top

Season Overview

I don't mean to put in damper in your 3-0 record, but I have to question the teams you've played. Yes, 3-0 looks very nice for a 1-A provisionary school.

BUT!

There is no "BUT!" - the fact of the matter is we are 3-0, for the first time in our short programs history, are we excited, you bet and we should be, because it is another acomplishment this team has earned. Before the start of the season most fans would have been happy with a 1-2 start, so image, we are 3-0 and yes we are excited. The thread was started for the same reason your school started "The full house" thing. To get people to pact the house on our first opener.

There was talk before the season started about our first three games being big game and it was not to make the other game anyless important. The fact is, it was three big game all on the road and two of those game against bowl team. I'm willing to bet any team opening up with three road game would be thrilled to be 3-0 after a long road trip.

If you give up on your team after one loss - good or bad, you don't deserve to be a fan of the Blue Raiders in my opinion.

You are not putting us Owl fans in a Damper as you say,
we are enjoying the moment because Saturday is our Home Opener with an opponent that wants to kick our a$$e$.

"Celebrate the moment"

Go Owls!! Down with the Redbirds

Back to the top

Season Overview

Look at the bottom 10 rankings and you will see Louisiana-Monroe there chronically. I agree with you about Troy, but your post are even less factual than a political add right now. ::) Cheer-up..if North Texas is that bad, then you guys should beat them too!! ;D
Back to the top

Season Overview

Exactly O.G. I wonder why is he now belittling UM, FIU, and FAU in their board, making ridiculous, and borderline racist comments about the makeup of our Universities. C'mmon Semper!! The fact that you lost to FAU could sure make you mad at your team, but let's not go overboard in criticisms over our South Florida schools because of it.

The fact that some of us are of Cuban (or Caribbean as you said) ancestry doesn't make us any better, but certainly, doesn't make us any worse either. Geez!! Talk about sour grapes……

What the hell? Where did he say that?

I know it sucks to lose but this guy is taking it to a whole new level.

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

Season Overview

At the MTSU board: What does this has to do with just a game?:

[glow=red,2,300] A few things. I doubt FAU will go undefeated as they still must get by much better teams in New Mexico State, Troy, and Louisiana-Monroe.
As I pointed out to CBS Sportline's Dennis Dodd, FAU has beaten three really bad 1-A football teams who have gone 1-3 in non-FAU contests and have been outscored 81-182 in those contests.

The way ya'll have gone on you'd think that FAU was a member of the Big East! They are still a rinky-dinky 1-AA Independent that just so happens to be located in a part of the country that has a million illegals coming in from Cuba and other war-torn Carribean islands every year seeking an education in America. That's why they go to Miami, FIU, and FAU!
[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300] 23601.14 in reply to 23601.13

Okay so maybe FAU isn't "rinky-dinky" per se. But if you go throughout the Middle Tennessee area polling casual college football fans, I guarantee you less than 2% of them would be able to tell you who FAU is, where they are from, and what their nickname is.
People in this area don't care about Florida Atlantic. They don't know who Florida Atlantic is, and they don't care! Did I mention that they don't care? This is Big Orange country folks. People here only identify with flagship schools, not schools that didn't have a football team five years ago.

So while FAU may not be "rinky-dinky" athletically as a football team, their school's name for a long while yet will still be small-time.

[/glow]
Back to the top
Control functions: