Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BlueRaiderPride. All's well...

I , for one,accept your apologies BlueraiderPride. I've deleted the original post. I've copied your apology to this thread in it's place.
Take care.

BlueRaiderPride Quote:

I apologize for all the hateful posts. You guys are right. I am very jealous of FAU. I mean, it's hard to swallow losing to a 1-AA team. It's even more hard to swallow losing to a 1-AA team that has only existed four years and having lost to that team in consecutive years. MTSU is a school that has fielded a football team since 1911. We had no problem beating the University of Miami, Florida when that school started football. We also had no problem laying waste to the University of South Florida by the 45-9 score in 2000 in their football infancy, so I don't understand the difference now?

All I see is over ninety years of football heritage gone down the toilet with any hopes of this program remaining at the highest level pretty much gone. The fans of Middle Tennessee have made their intentions clear. They will not support this team with this administration, win or lose. We will head back to the 1-AA Ohio Valley, I predict within the next five years.
Back to the top

Okay so maybe FAU isn't "rinky-dinky" per se. But if you go throughout the Middle Tennessee area polling casual college football fans, I guarantee you less than 2% of them would be able to tell you who FAU is, where they are from, and what their nickname is.
People in this area don't care about Florida Atlantic. They don't know who Florida Atlantic is, and they don't care! Did I mention that they don't care? This is Big Orange country folks. People here only identify with flagship schools, not schools that didn't have a football team five years ago.

So while FAU may not be "rinky-dinky" athletically as a football team, their school's name for a long while yet will still be small-time.
haha ok well first of all go to any other part of the country and ask them about Middle Tennesee state. You'll get a good laugh. Whether that person wants to admit it or not FAU is actually becoming well known. Granted we are not UM, Uf or FSU at least not yet. Every season we have a nationally ranked baseball team, our basketball team made it to the NCAA tournament and almost beat Alabama in the first round. haha we are rinky dink? thats funny. And Middle Tennesee State University isnt? Every year at least 3 or 4 baseball players are drafted into the majors, how many times have you seen next to someones name, Middle Tennesse State University, I'd have to say none lol.

What does people coming from other countries have to do with ANYTHING? Does this person realize where he lives? Taking a cheap shot at the state of Florida is supposed to offend people? I'm not gonna stoop down and take a shot at the people of Tennesee because that's just totally irrelavant.
Back to the top

Thanks for refraining GoOwls79. It is almost too easy to take a shot at Tennessee.
But his shots are not only directed at Florida but also at a specific race. That's why I'm waiting for his clarification.

FAU posters: I know it's hard but please show self control in this post.

BlueRaiderPride…..I'm waiting
Back to the top

no problem O.G. I saw that post and couldn't belive it myself. There is no need to take shots at any race no matter who you are. That doesn't belong on any board. I can say plenty about the people of Tennessee and I am sure middle Tennessee is even worse but why go there.
Jeez, it was just a measly football game its not like the FAU football players came into your house and ransacked your town like hurricane Frances lol. Yeah we beat you, get used to it it's going to happen again next season and probably the season after that.

You don't see any Hawaii or North Texas fans complaining. We beat them to, its a fact we are just plain better then you lol. Learn to deal with it.
Back to the top

I am amazed by these comments. When I was at the game virtually all of the MTSU fans were very respectful and well mannered. They offered us food before and after the game when we were tailgating, they congratulated FAU on a good victory and wished us the best of luck the rest of the season. It is unfortunate that one fan has to make all of MTSU look bad.

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

On a different note, I understand the frustration of MTSU fans. They are trying to build a program and they haven't been very successful. On the other hand, FAU has been extremely successful.

MTSU had a professor donate 10,000 t-shirts for the first 10,000 fans and the game was billed as "Operation Full House II" in order to get attendance up. They only had 13,500 show up in a stadium that seats about 30,000. Evidently, most of the MTSU fans went to Knoxville for the Vols/Gators game. Disappointment is understandable but disrespect is intolerable.

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Yea im not sure what blueraider pride was getting at. I my self didnt know about MTSU untill last year when we beat em. Go figure!
Back to the top

On a different note, I understand the frustration of MTSU fans. They are trying to build a program and they haven't been very successful. On the other hand, FAU has been extremely successful.

MTSU had a professor donate 10,000 t-shirts for the first 10,000 fans and the game was billed as "Operation Full House II" in order to get attendance up. They only had 13,500 show up in a stadium that seats about 30,000. Evidently, most of the MTSU fans went to Knoxville for the Vols/Gators game. Disappointment is understandable but disrespect is intolerable.

Look at it this way. MTSU won't be able to retain 1-A status because we won't be able to draw fans. And we won't be able to draw the fans because we continue to give games away like we did last Saturday.

AND. . . .

considering the fact that the Sun Belt is an eight member league and cannot afford to lose even one member without completely falling apart, it should be said that once we go down, the Sun Belt will down with us, though probably not back to the level we will fall.

I apologize for all the hateful posts. You guys are right. I am very jealous of FAU. I mean, it's hard to swallow losing to a 1-AA team. It's even more hard to swallow losing to a 1-AA team that has only existed four years and having lost to that team in consecutive years. MTSU is a school that has fielded a football team since 1911. We had no problem beating the University of Miami, Florida when that school started football. We also had no problem laying waste to the University of South Florida by the 45-9 score in 2000 in their football infancy, so I don't understand the difference now?

All I see is over ninety years of football heritage gone down the toilet with any hopes of this program remaining at the highest level pretty much gone. The fans of Middle Tennessee have made their intentions clear. They will not support this team with this administration, win or lose. We will head back to the 1-AA Ohio Valley, I predict within the next five years.
Back to the top

1AA? With that nice stadium of yours, I don't think so. I think changes will/should be made on your coaching staff to get things in the right direction. MTSU can still turn things around but the sooner, the better.
Back to the top
Control functions: