Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ticket Prices?

It makes no difference to me but, im a student. But does anyone think that by them raising the ticket prices( im talking sideline) to $25 a game, might put a damper on attendence. Personally I think they raised the prices too soon.
Back to the top

Ticket Prices?

I agree. I believe that they should have even lowered the ticket price since the goal is to get as many people into Lockhart as possible. There is a line of thought that doing that decreases the value of the tickets and the products. While that may be true in most cases, the Owls need to reach a certain figure. They need fans more than revenue right now since when they become full-fledged I-A, they would have reason to increase prices.

That said, if you buy season tickets you do get a discount as should be the case. Plus, the corner and endzone tickets are still very affordable. It doesn't matter right now, though….everyone needs to go to the games and help this team out, then complain about prices later.
Back to the top

Ticket Prices?

Ticket Prices?

At first I didn't like it much, but the reasoning I received made sense, hopefully I can give you an adeqaute explanation. And they will be no more free tickets like last year to attract fans. The reasoning is, if you offer a quality product on the field people will pay. It's also a matter of - if you want to be D-1A, act like it. The price of the ticket says something about the qaulity of a show. The cheap or free tickets does not say much about what you are selling. As we move up to D-1A they felt it was time for the increase. It's still a great value if you think about it. A lot of efforts are being made to make the game atmosphere more enjoyable for everyone there, there will be a few supprises for fans on Saturday.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Ticket Prices?

I don't think there is any doubt as to the quality of what is being put on the field. I have to agree that the timing is off. The need is to put bodies in the stands. Having football at FAU has had an effect on attendance at other sports by having to charge admission to events (i.e. Softball) that were previously free to attend. So what are they to do? I hope that the fans show up because at $25.00 it will still be a deal…
Back to the top

Ticket Prices?

This is the PR's nightmare. You need the bodies in the seats but you also need the "money to do D1-A stuff" in order to get to that level. Traveling,promotions,etc.

What to do,what to do ???
Back to the top

Ticket Prices?

the palm post has an article today saying they have sold 9,000 tickets and expect 4,000 walk ups.

If the team can attract 13,000 on 1AA game i think it has a great shot at sellling out homecoming…. if their still on fire…..

To be honest i don't see the 15,000 as a problem because of the 1A games and the FIU game…. both schools combined should bring in over 25,000 to proplayer.

Does the edward waters game count on attendance? Nobody is around over thanksgiving, the game is going to pretty boring ect…. That could easily be a game of 3,000 in attendance of diehards and family members.
Back to the top

Ticket Prices?

I forgot about the FIU game, that should draw a croud but like you say the edward waters game might hurt us, unless people are expecting a blow out and wat to see it.
Back to the top

Ticket Prices?

I would guess the Ed Waters game should have a lot of fans. That's the last game for the seniors. They are the warriors who started this program in 2001.
IMHO, it could very easily reach 6 or 7 thousand. If we have a decent win streak going it may top 9,000.
Back to the top

Ticket Prices?

the timing is so bad……..the game is going to be boring after its 28-0 in the first quarter. I'm sure everyone on this message bored who is town will go and every parent and family member but that accounts for maybe a thousand people.
There is no way another 8,000 people are going to come out to see jared allen throw his last collegiate touchdown pass.
Your talking about a holiday weekend when half the school goes home. People are going to give a hoot about this game, no pun intended.
Back to the top

Ticket Prices?

I will agree to disagree just for the hell of it ;)

I'm jumpimg way ahead here, so no post saying it ain't possible, ain't got happen, just bare with me here.

If for some awesome reason we run the table, (undefeated baby) or even if our record is a respectable 10-1 going into the last game, you could very well be supprise at the turn-out. As you say, people will go home for the holidays - however did anybody stop to think and has hard as it's to believe some people do call South Florida home, that will be receiving guest for the holidays and yes we'll include the student who have choosen an inferior establishment to seek a higher education (we'll forgive them, for they know no better).

With that said, home for the holidays and football is always a great way to past the time. Your home town Fighting Owls are Undefeated, Last game for the Seniors, and OoHhhh, what better way to spent the afternoon eating, drinking and cheering for your home town Fighting Owls to a masacre.

It is thankgiving week-end, so what better way to have our Fighting Owls carve the opponents and serve the crowd a nice refreshing course.

AaHh!! I am now stuffed.

It could very well be possible to get 10,000.

Back to the top
Control functions: