Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU Game moved

From the FIU website: http://www.fiusports.com/football/releases/092404.htm

Friday, September 24, 2004

FIU Announces Reschedule of Postponed Football Game & Concert

FIU Athletic Director Rick Mello announced today that the Golden Panthers Football game vs. Western Kentucky postponed by Hurricane Jeanne this Saturday would be made up on Saturday, Nov. 20 at FIU Stadium. Game time is still to be determined.

In order to accommodate the makeup, the game originally scheduled between FIU and Florida Atlantic University on that date, will now be played on Saturday, Dec. 4 at Pro Player Stadium.

Mello also announced that Saturday's post-game concert featuring Method Man and Redman has been rescheduled and will take place on Saturday, Oct. 23 following the FIU vs. McNeese State football game, which begins at 6:00 p.m.

"I am very pleased as to how this worked out," said Mello. "Not only do we get the game in, but we also were able to reschedule the concert as a show of gratitude to our students for all of their support. I also want to thank Craig Angelos and Florida Atlantic for working with us to make this happen."

The Golden Panthers (1-0) will now open their home schedule next Saturday, Oct. 2 against the University of Louisiana-Lafayette. Kickoff is slated for 6:00 p.m. Tickets for this and all FIU Football games are available at all Ticketmaster outlets, the Pharmed Arena Ticket Office, charge by phone via Ticketmaster in Miami-Dade at (305) 358-5885, in Broward at (954) 523-3309, in Palm Beach at (561) 966-3309 and online at ticketmaster.com and FIUsports.com.

I guess that likely means that the ISU game will be played on Nov. 20th. It sucks that we go without a game for 2 weeks and without a home game until Oct. 23rd, but at least the FAU-FIU game is going to be played the last game of the year for both teams as it should be.
Back to the top

FIU Game moved

FIU Game moved

The only bad part about moving the game to that date is that UM hosts Virginia Tech on the same day. Hopefully that doesn't affect attendance too much.

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top
Control functions: