Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU is Looking Good- BobcatSports.com

You guys are looking good this year and have had some very impressive victories. I know that the folks at GoMeanGreen.com are still talking about the loss they took at your hands.

Do you have a lot of traveling support when playing so far away? BobcatSports.com will be tailgating at the game and giving away free food to fans of both teams. If you make it to the game please stop by and we can eat and talk football till kickoff.

Will the game be televised in Florida?

Hope to see many of you there.
Back to the top

Not sure how many fans will travel to texas but yes the game will be telivised in florida.
Back to the top

You guys are looking good this year and have had some very impressive victories. I know that the folks at GoMeanGreen.com are still talking about the loss they took at your hands.

Do you have a lot of traveling support when playing so far away? BobcatSports.com will be tailgating at the game and giving away free food to fans of both teams. If you make it to the game please stop by and we can eat and talk football till kickoff.

Will the game be televised in Florida?

Hope to see many of you there.

I have to now believe that perhaps Florida Atlantic has yet to fact the toughest stints on their schedule.

Their players have gone public telling people that they will go undefeated if they beat Hawaii, North Texas, and Middle Tennessee. That's not a good mentality to have especially considering that there may be some 1-AA's on the FAU schedule that could also beat all three of those teams.

Those three teams are a collective 1-8 on the season. North Texas ranked 6th on ESPN's Bottom 10 list and Hawaii made on their waiting list. Middle Tennessee may be on there really soon after losing last weekend to Louisiana-Lafayette.

In my honest to gosh opinion, FAU will have a tougher time beating New Mexico State, Troy, and Louisiana-Monroe. The toughest part of their schedule has yet to be played, and the FAU fans need to realize that they have opponents coming up that are far better than the three they've already faced.

Hawaii, North Texas, and Middle Tennessee looked great going into the season, but now everyone knows just how awful those schools are looking. I'm an MTSU fan an I'll wholeheartedly admit that probably over half the 1-AA teams out there and maybe the top 50 Division II teams could beat us.

FAU, treat ALL of your opponents with respect or you'll get burned.
Back to the top

BlueRaiderPride- you have definitely lost your mind if you think FAU's yet to face the toughest part of their schedule. Hawaii,Troy, + North Texas are the three toughest teams we play. Your all down on Hawaii and North Texas because they started slow but once North Texas starts playing SunBelt games they will once again rise to the New Orleans Bowl. They control their own destiny sicne Troy has a conference loss, and they have gone bowling with poor records before and they will again. Hawaii will have a winning season again-just because they lost to us doesnt mean they suck.
Beating you guys on the road yet again does mean a lot despite you trying to put down your own team. And by the way, please dont try to tell us Louisiana Monroe is a tough game they will likely go winless this season.
Belive me Howard will have them ready to go against Texas State-especially with extra weeks to prepare-no ones taking them lightly. We will beat them and continue on to being 7-0 when we play at Troy.
Back to the top

BlueRaiderPride, Believe me when I say that even though the players have set a goal to go undefeated this years does not mean they are over looking anyone.
They were actually very weary of playing ISU this past weekend.

The only reason they mention going undefeated, is because they know they cannot make the playoff or are bowl eligible - They have set a Goal (which each team should have - winners aim high) and they know each week they have to work harder then the next regardless of the opponent - if they learned humility it was after all the hype they received after the playoff victory against NIU.

Is going undefeated likely? - nobody figured we would be 3-0 right now - us Owl fans would have been content with a 1-2 record going into our home opener.

I know that any team on our schedule cannot be taken for granted. I will agree with you that Troy & NMS in the SBC will be the teams to beat this year and maybe even ULL the way they are playing. I new that NMS was much improved and would be tough this year. I was undecided about Troy going into the season, but they have proved to be all that and more.

If we improve every week and play the type of football this team is capable of playing, week-in and week-out we will have a chance at victory and that is all we can ask for - their best effort may or may not be good enough, but guest what - whether we go undefeated or not does nothing to tarnish the fact that we have come a long way in a short time.

The season is still young BlueRaiderPride, lets take it one game at a time and let the season develop as it may. What is so wrong about setting our sights high?
What is so wrong with the players believing in themselve? Nothing.

What better way for the seniors and/or the Original Players who started this program, accomplishing something no one though possible or even dreamed of - they would leave their mark and leave the upcoming recruits standards that they must uphold every year.

The Seniors (and OG) what to leave their mark - they came here with great faith and a vision of a dream and what better gift to their coaches and program who not only believed in them, but sold them on the impossible dream. The players and coaches believe in each others and that what make a team great on and off the field, regardless of victories.

We can only take this season one game at a time, that is why we play the game every Saturday - anything can happen. Good luck to you and your Raiders with the remaining season.

Go Owls!!

Back to the top

BlueRaiderPride- you have definitely lost your mind if you think FAU's yet to face the toughest part of their schedule. Hawaii,Troy, + North Texas are the three toughest teams we play. Your all down on Hawaii and North Texas because they started slow but once North Texas starts playing SunBelt games they will once again rise to the New Orleans Bowl. They control their own destiny sicne Troy has a conference loss, and they have gone bowling with poor records before and they will again. Hawaii will have a winning season again-just because they lost to us doesnt mean they suck.
Beating you guys on the road yet again does mean a lot despite you trying to put down your own team. And by the way, please dont try to tell us Louisiana Monroe is a tough game they will likely go winless this season.
Belive me Howard will have them ready to go against Texas State-especially with extra weeks to prepare-no ones taking them lightly. We will beat them and continue on to being 7-0 when we play at Troy.

Do you know the combined record of those schools????

1-8
Back to the top

I see things don't change - before we couldn't get any respect from 1-AA, even after making the playoffs - we were called lucky and had a favorable draw. Last time I checked we didn't make the draw, but we made the semi's and we felt pretty good doing so.

We start off by beating Hawaii and North Texas, two bowl teams last year. So, I am in agreement with BurrowingOwl that Hawaii & NTU were are biggest games going into the season and they remain our biggest victory so far. Our wins to MTSU last year was huge also because it was our first victory over a D-1A team and the win this year is just as big because, lets face it, 3 wins over D-1A school in the same year is just that, BIG. First off, when we faced Hawaii, they where undefeated at the time (0-0), could it be that the lost to little FAU side tracked their season a bit (kind of reminds me of UCF last year - their season turned sour after facing-off with the Fighting Owls, I guest they didn't like the Owls droppings we left behind).

NTU for that matter is still the three time SBCC last time I checked and haven't started conference play yet.

And now what MTSU can't handle a double dose of Owl Droppings - I don't blame you, kind of stinks, especially the second time around.

And now we are 13-1 in our last 14 games, I'd say thats not to bad, so BluePride Raider what is MTSU record the last 14-games? What you have are excuses.

We still can't get any respect - they say we are [glow=red,2,300]"OVER-RATED"[/glow]

I say - whatever.

Go Owls!!

Back to the top

I don't care what anyone says, the Owls first three games were impressive no matter what the other teams winning records are. You also have to keep to keep in mind that you guys were on the road and beating teams in their house.

That really makes me think what kind of Home field advantage us Bobcats are going to have come Oct 9th.
Back to the top

Hopefully bobcatsports it will be a good game. I think we will stay focused for the road trips which lie ahead.

AGAIN 8-)
Back to the top

Hey BlueRaiderPride!! One thing is for sure....Our Fighting Owls have been through a lot together in the past four years, and they have been and are being coached by arguably the best coaching team in college football today. Give us the respect we deserve, especially considering the fact that we went to YOUR house and beat you two years in a row. Go Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: