Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU's previous opponents & naysayers

Just got power back on. Just a note on the losses of some of the other guys who matters in this conversation.

I see that the faithful MTSU fan is still weaving his naysayers weave on anyone who will listen. Just a few weeks ago they were world beaters to anyone who would listen. My how the mighty has fallen. Now a Texas State fan has also brought up the opponent's record.

Hawaii:
These guys flew out to Hawaii and beat Hawaii in Hawaii.. :o 6 times zones and hostile territory later.
Rice who beat Hawaii have a Texas loss on their record. How would MTSU or Texas State do with Texas?

Middle Tenn:
FAU then went into the STADIUM of a team bent on REVENGE and had a very OPERATION FULL HOUSE PROMOTION to get the fans out and won there too.
MTSU have a loss to UL Lafayette who have a loss to Kansas State. But MTSU beat Akron who lost to Penn State and Virginia!

U North Texas:
UNT has spoken about their rightful place as the SunBelt Champions.. MTSU fans cannot even argue with UNT's status until MTSU dethrone UNT as SB Champs.
UNT have Texas,Colorado and Baylor losses on their record. Again I ask, how would Texas ST and MTSU do with these teams?

So Let's see. If we lose to you guys at Texas State, you guys would have beaten a nobody because we haven't beaten anybody yet ::)

But what if we win? Would that win count as meaninful or would you be rediculed by the MTSU fan as having a lousy record. Or worse, would you turn on your team like the MTSU fan has been doing for his?

FAU/Texas State:
It may just turn out to be a competitive game by both teams. Imagine that.

Back to the top

Hope you fared ok through the storm OG!!

OG,I agree with you that it senseless trying to compare wins and losses from opponents so & so played (win or loss) - yes its good to compare, but every team is different and every team matches up to certain teams better then others and some just has the others teams number (ex. Miami has FSU number).

Now, lets not fool ourselves here, as thrilled as I am that we are undefeated we are still a D-1AA team. Last time I checked we have the same players as last year, with the exception of a couple players - the punter for one. All others have either step up there game and have taken a starting roll, but regardless it's pretty much the same team, same players (OG - could probably answer that better then I could).

Yes we are a D-1AA team playing pretty good ball right now. Do we belong in D-1A, out of the last five D-1A games we have played we are 4-1, overall 4-3. I can give stats all day, but they are just that stats, good to look at. We have made a huge step in the right direction.

You can compare stats, win & losses from whoever played whoever, but in reality it doesn't tell you jack sh*t. Stats & wins look good, but the coaches could careless - that is not how they prepare a team for a game against an up coming opponent - it's comes down to stats don't tell how a game is being played - stats can be deceiving, take them for what they are.

Now since we are a D-1AA team getting ready for a D-1AA team, I am looking for a really good game between two good teams.

I for one am more concern how our team plays - like why we suck this season in the Red Zone - we are pathetic - I know, I know last year is last year,but man what happen?
Back to the top

Exactly Bytor. We are still a D1-AA team. It get lost on the fact that we are playing good ball right now. We play a very good schedule and we should come out above 500 this year. We must remember that we don't have the allotment of D1-A players yet! Imagine what could happen when we actually get to have the same amount of schollys as the other guys!

But…..for now we have the same team as last year and the year before.

The MTSU fan(?) may argue about who we've beaten, but the bottom line is we've done our job on the field as a D1-AA team, with the schedule which was given us.
Back to the top

You mentioned the punter.... I was impressed with his last athletic performance.... man that kid can kick, how far was that one punt? The annoucer declaired it a school record without refering to the books...lol It would have been further but he ran out of field! ;D
Back to the top

So the three teams that have beaten the Kansas City Chiefs, and the two that have beaten the Titans….have they beaten "a consensus Super Bowl contender" or a "nobody"????

Win-Loss record doesn't equal a powerhouse ( see Kansas state bowl record vs. their annual 'cupcake" laden schedule)
Back to the top

Unless those winning teams have beaten a team who's fan(?) approve of the winning teams opponent's records.
Back to the top
Control functions: