Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Sportsbar??

I read a few weeks back that some members of this forum were looking at going to Duffys to watch the games. I think that going forward we will need to start a tradition of a sportsbar that all owl fans can go to and watch the away games at.

Who's with me?

Peyton
Back to the top

FAU Sportsbar??

I just recieved this e-mail:

Florida Atlantic University Owl Club/Gridiron Club is proud to announce:

Two well known restaurants/sports bars, Gatsby?s of Boca Raton and Bonefish Mac?s of Lighthouse Point, have agreed to serve and host any and all F.A.U. Owl football fans to watch the games of Texas State and Northern Colorado at their establishments. There are no R.S.V.P. necessary, just show up in your Owl colors ready to hoot and holler. Drink and food specials are available.

All F.A.U. fans are welcome, game times are as scheduled, fans get there early to claim your spot.

Texas State 1:30 pm October 9th, 2004

Northern Colorado 2:00 pm October 16th, 2004

Directions:

Gatsby?s is located 5970 S.W. 18th Street, Boca Raton. That is a ? mile west of Military Trail on S.W. 18th Street, on the Southside of S.W.18th Street.

5970 S.W. 18th Street, Boca Raton. (561) 293-3900.

Bonefish Mac?s is located 2002 East Sample Road, Lighthouse Point. That is ? block east of Federal Highway, on the Southside of Sample road. (954)781-6227.
Back to the top

FAU Sportsbar??

Very nice, gatsbys and bone fish max are great spots.

Peyton
Back to the top

FAU Sportsbar??

I'm in.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

FAU Sportsbar??

Count me in also. We need to start up some kinds of traditions... the school is lacking in that area
Back to the top

FAU Sportsbar??

I've never been to Bonefish Mac's, but Gatsby's is no place to watch a football game in my opinion. It's too upscale, way overpriced, and full of middle-aged women looking for their next fat-walleted pension. Their pool tables are quality though, and so is the female staff. Great for a game of 8-ball, but not for football.
Back to the top

FAU Sportsbar??

Bonefish Mac's is great… Try the Bonefish Wrappers and the Mac Daddy nachos A++++ :D
Back to the top

FAU Sportsbar??

FAU Sportsbar??

What is the atmosphere at the Bonefish place in Lighthouse point? I know that Lighthouse Point can be even more exclusive and fancy than most Boca places???
Back to the top

FAU Sportsbar??

Wackadoos on campus..... Cheap beer and the air hockey table is broken, 75 cents gets like 20 min of play time...lol
Back to the top

FAU Sportsbar??

Bonefish is a comfortable "locals" type resturant. Not too corporate. Laid back, good food, lots of TVs. The bar area is nice and the have an outdoor area to eat also (for all you evil smoker types...lol). Lots of local sports stuff on the walls. It is kid friendly too....
Back to the top
Control functions: