Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Green hires two new coaches

Add topic

Men's Basketball Adds Two Coaches
Carlton Screen and Guy White complete 2004-05 staff.

Oct. 7, 2004

BOCA RATON, FL - Florida Atlantic University men's basketball coach, Sidney Green, has announced the addition of Carlton Screen and Guy White to his coaching staff.

Screen played four seasons for Providence College from 1986-1990 under head coach Rick Pitino. As a freshman, he was a member of the Friars' 1987 Final Four. He helped lead Providence to the NCAA Tournament in three out of four seasons.

Screen was a member of several professional teams, including the Golden State Warriors (NBA) and three CBA teams. He also played in the Russian European League in 1994.

Most recently, Screen spent the past three years as head coach at Wadleigh High School in Manhattan, NY. Prior to that, he served as an assistant coach at Long Island University from 1999-2001 and at Concordia College in 1997-98.

White comes to FAU with several years of coaching experience. In 2003-04, he was the head coach at Brevard Community College in Melbourne, FL, while also serving as the college's assistant athletic director. The previous three years, White was an assistant coach at Palm Beach Community College in Lake Worth, FL. While at PBCC, he also served as an assistant to the athletic director, director of intramurals, financial aid counselor, and a Trio Grant Tutoring coordinator.

From 1997-2000, White was an assistant coach at Mary Washington College in Fredericksburg, VA.

"I'm really pleased to be able to add such impressive individuals to my staff," said Green. "They both share the vision and work ethic necessary to help make our student-athletes and program be successful."

Florida Atlantic begins its 2004-05 season November 19 at Florida International.

Back to the top

i hope that they show Sidney how to coach...is that possible?????
Back to the top

No, that's impossible. Sidney can show them how to suck though.
Back to the top
Control functions: