Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Who went to one of the Sportsbars?

We had an "issue" and had to watch it at home but we have a big group for Northern Colorado and would like to get some feedback on where to go…
Duffys? Bonefish Macs?
Who went? How was the crowd? Was there good viewing/sound?
Back to the top

I went to Duffy's, met a few people off the board, including Bytor. Plus the wait staff is almost all FAU students and/or fans. They were very nice at the bar (changing the channel to the FAU game for the BIG TVs behind the bar. I know there will be even more people there this week.
Back to the top

Thanks for the response. Was the sound on? How was the seating and visibility?
Back to the top

Hey Owl fans! Sorry, but I can't resist joining in the discussion re sports bars. I'm in Colorado Springs, Colo., and found the FAU-Texas State game on at Old Chicago, a wonderful regional chain where every bar/grill/pizzeria has at least 110 different kinds of beer, with at least 30 of 'em on draught. The game was on there. (Think of it – 110 kinds of beer, pizza and the Owls – what better combination?) My wife and I watched, and before it was over, we had interested some of the Texas-OU fans (particularly the Texas fans, who were disappointed in the Longhorns).
Back to the top

The seating and visibility were great, I sat at the bar so the sound was on, which from what I have heard might have made the game better. ;) Plus we got to fill in our own commentary.
The BIG TVs are behind the bar, and they put them to whatever you ask for, unfortunately the bar wasn't monopolized by FAU fans, so some other games were on the other TVs…therefore no sound.
However, they do have a very nice outdoor set-up with plenty of seating and multiple TVs, of which the sound stays on. Also, the sound is on the TV in the bathroom. :o
Back to the top

Also, the sound is on the TV in the bathroom. :o
Can you get Pay Per View in there;D
Back to the top

Didn't check, the seats were uncomfortable and cold. ;)
Back to the top

Here's the real question: Were there and female FAU supporters at Dufy's?

Isn't that what everyone wants to know?

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Most of the waitstaff are females going to FAU, and the bartender is a former FAU cheerleader.
Back to the top

Former FAU cheerleader? Come on man, you don't have to put the girl down like that.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top
Control functions: