Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

We're No. 71...

The Rocky Mountain News in Denver publishes a weekly NCAA football power ranking of all 239 teams in Div. 1A and 1-AA. It is based on a complex formula that deals primarily with performances of opponents, etc. The Top 10 often is different from the national polls. This week's Scripps Howard (parent company of the newspaper) College FB Power Ranking shows FAU at No. 71 of the 239 schools.

The top 10: Miami, USC, Okla, Cal, Utah, Ariz State, Okla State, Auburn, FSU, Tenn.

Skip a bunch, and you get to Troy at 36. Everyone knows Troy could spell trouble for the Owls.

Skip more and you get to South Fla at 67, followed by Clemson, Penn State, Georgia Southern and, ta-da, FAU at 71. Kansas State shows up at 72, followed by Iowa State, Bowling Green and Arizona.

Others of interest: Middle Tenn (81), New Mex State (84), Hawaii (94), North Texas (100), FIU (113), Illinois State (126), Louisiana-Monroe (131), Texas State (137), Central Fla (161), Northern Colorado (188), Fla A&M (209). Edward Waters, an NAIA school, is not on the NCAA list, of course.

The bottom five: Texas Southern (235), St. Peter's (236), Butler (237), Iona (238) and Austin Peay (239).

I tried to find a web address for the full list, but could not. If you want to search that newspaper's site, go to www.rockymountainnews.com.
Back to the top

We're No. 71...

here is a link to the one your talking about.. but it needs to be updated… there ranking us 102 but that was sept 27. ill keep looking for the updated one.

http://www.shns.com/shns/g_index2.cfm?action=detail&pk=FBCPOWER27-09-27-04
Back to the top

We're No. 71...

masseyratings.com have the average of 30 different rankings and show how many positions you move each week.
Back to the top

We're No. 71...

We're No. 71...

The have us at 63... thats better than 71 ;D better than Penn State, Michigan State, Mississippi and alot others.... ;D
Back to the top

We're No. 71...

The Rocky Mountain News in Denver publishes a weekly NCAA football power ranking of all 239 teams in Div. 1A and 1-AA. It is based on a complex formula that deals primarily with performances of opponents, etc. The Top 10 often is different from the national polls. This week's Scripps Howard (parent company of the newspaper) College FB Power Ranking shows FAU at No. 71 of the 239 schools.

The top 10: Miami, USC, Okla, Cal, Utah, Ariz State, Okla State, Auburn, FSU, Tenn.

Skip a bunch, and you get to Troy at 36. Everyone knows Troy could spell trouble for the Owls.

Skip more and you get to South Fla at 67, followed by Clemson, Penn State, Georgia Southern and, ta-da, FAU at 71. Kansas State shows up at 72, followed by Iowa State, Bowling Green and Arizona.

Others of interest: Middle Tenn (81), New Mex State (84), Hawaii (94), North Texas (100), FIU (113), Illinois State (126), Louisiana-Monroe (131), Texas State (137), Central Fla (161), Northern Colorado (188), Fla A&M (209). Edward Waters, an NAIA school, is not on the NCAA list, of course.

The bottom five: Texas Southern (235), St. Peter's (236), Butler (237), Iona (238) and Austin Peay (239).

I tried to find a web address for the full list, but could not. If you want to search that newspaper's site, go to www.rockymountainnews.com.

I hate Central Florida. I wish ya'll had them on your schedule so you could kick their @ss and show their fans how spectacular they ain't. UCF fans have always snubbed their faces at the Sun Belt schools.

They have some messageboard posters who are in complete denial that they are fielding a bad team this year.

"The Knight Time" called me a "loser and a pathetic person" after I informed him of his school's #1 ranking in the ESPN Bottom 10, their 0-5 record which is the only school in 1-A with a winless record, their 48-20 loss to hapless Buffalo. . . .

. . . .and because he poked fun at my school for losing to FAU I reminded him that the latest Sags had not only MTSU ranked 23 spots ahead of his, but FAU is ranked 59 spots ahead of Central Florida. And UCF is ranked behind every team in the Sun Belt except for Idaho. AND the Sun Belt is ranked ahead of the MAC in the conference ratings.

My animosity toward Central Florida goes back a long way. Any time I say something about UCF that "The Knight Time" doesn't like he reminds me of a victory his school had over us six years ago when they had a different coach and when their team was in their prime. I reminded him of everything his school has lost since that year, but he is lunatic Golden Knight fan in denial and will spew garbage from his mouth.

Well, I know I kind of took this post down a different tangent. I'm just happy to see another poll putting Central Florida in their place!
Back to the top

We're No. 71...

Over at www.fiuathletics.com, we were just talking about how bad the UCF fans have been bashing other schools, namely FAU and FIU. They were doing it all summer long and have hushed their yelling and screaming since then. I haven't heard a peep from their fans on our board since their horrendous season started.
Back to the top

We're No. 71...

Oh just wait till they win one or :P we lose one. They will be back inforce on how lousy FAU and FIU is. The fact remains that they're living of past victories.

BlueRaiderPride. It's also Sir Galahad, KUSA and UCFknight85. Those 3 guys are in constant battles with their own posters sometimes on the ilk they spew towards opponents.
Back to the top

We're No. 71...

there lucky that louisville is leaving C-USA after tonights performance against miami UCF would be in for a thumping.... :o
Back to the top
Control functions: