Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Band 2004??

What's the story? We have one or we don't? I've heard a few different stories. Will one take the field for the home opener against UL Monroe?

Anyone who can shed some light on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Back to the top

FAU Band 2004??

I've heard that the band has been dismantled because of a lack of money. Word is they may be back after this year, haven't heard much lately though. I believe we will have a band by committee consisting of high school bands and the like.
Back to the top

FAU Band 2004??

Lack of money!!! ha... They had hawaian shirts and the instruments are a one time investment.... They need to dismantle... run some fundraisers and regroup bigger than ever... If a underfunded little high school named pahokee can have one of the best bands in the state there is no reason that 1AA or 1A (depending on how you look at it) shouldnt have one...
Back to the top

FAU Band 2004??

Not having an official band could be a good thing. Most high school bands that would play have their parents and family come see them play, and therefore see our Owls play. Plus, it saves the school a little bit of money.
Save the money, until it can be done right.
Back to the top

FAU Band 2004??

The 1st year that we played the HS bands were great. They may need to withdraw and get it right before coming out again.
Can we at least have a few horn players sitting in the stands to lead a cheer?

Pahokee was good.
Back to the top

FAU Band 2004??

VERY TRUE..i think it was against Albany in 2001 that some High School tore it up at halftime...ahh good times...
Back to the top

FAU Band 2004??

Not having an official band could be a good thing. Most high school bands that would play have their parents and family come see them play, and therefore see our Owls play. Plus, it saves the school a little bit of money.
Save the money, until it can be done right

Great point… never thought of that.. BRING ON THE HIGHSCHOOLS !!!
Back to the top

FAU Band 2004??

FAU Band 2004??

no band , is like going to the movies and having no popcorn!
Back to the top

FAU Band 2004??

no band , is like going to the movies and having no popcorn!

Well then allsports, I guess we are like the folks who sneak in with the BurgerKing bags. :D

What part of Jersey are you from.
Back to the top

FAU Band 2004??

Does FAMU by any chance have a bye week when we have a home game? I would love to "borrow" their band for a half-time show. That would guarantee a sell-out in Lockhart. 8-) :o ;D ;)
And be worth the money we would need to give them.
Back to the top
Control functions: