Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

An Article from Pittsburg, PA on FAU & Shenlly

Back to the top

Little FAU appears to be growing.

In coming years, Florida Atlantic's non-conference schedule will include Michigan State, Kentucky, and Louisville. They're in discussions with South Carolina and Cincinnati.

Yep, those OC games will be getting tougher, but how realistic will it be to actually bring one of those team down to South Florida.
Back to the top

Little FAU appears to be growing.

Yep, those OC games will be getting tougher, but how realistic will it be to actually bring one of those team down to South Florida.

Money and month of scheduleing will do the trick for Cincy and MSU. They get a South Florida vacation in October! South Carolina is a short drive/flight away(no big finiancial loss for them in terms of traveling expenses) and Louisville probably feels indebted to the coach.
It's can be done.. ;D
Back to the top

They might have to put those games in proplayer if we dont get cracking soon with the stadium :-/
Back to the top

They might have to put those games in proplayer if we dont get cracking soon with the stadium :-/

Ahh Man! You just ruined my dream.. ::) It has been quiet huh? Hopefully all these issues will resurface with some updated answers by the 1st home game.
Back to the top

Any word on when these games will be played (2005 or 2006)? We also have a game scheduled with Kansas next year. Things are improving rather quickly. It would be nice to add at least three BCS schools to our schedule on top of our SBC opponents. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

The school is not foolish. After all the good press we are getting, and the more that we get, the easier it will be to pass any political referendum that is needed to build a stadium.
Remember that there are several stubborn people close to campus that don't want a stadium "it will ruin the property value". I guess that they forget they live right next to an airport!!! (Air polution and lower property values.) Its people like these who are hating the explosion that FAU has experienced the past few years.
I'm think the stadium issue will be talked about soon, if not, then after the season.
Back to the top

I would agree that the games would have to be played at ProPlayer for now.

Getting Louisville down here would be an awesome thing - would do wonders for attendance.

A little bird told me that we have - FSU (2-games away) & Miami on our schedule in the near future, while Schnellenberger is still coach anyway.

Back to the top

Earlier this year didn't Paul Dees(UM) say that he didn't have time for us. My how times has changed. Winning maybe?
Back to the top

stubborn people close to campus that don't want a stadium "it will ruin the property value". I guess that they forget they live right next to an airport!!!
LOL.. gota love the airport dwellers… I loved how they complained about the airport after they move in next to it.. Those people have nothing to complain about, they did it to them selves… Im tired of going to city planning meetings and having those people complain about the decibals of the jets being to loud… 80% of those homes were built after the airport.
Back to the top
Control functions: