Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2006 QB

I know Embrick will probably be starting next year but I know alot of people who have seen Souverain Mckinson play and said he is unbeliavable. Not only does he have a cannon for an arm but he runs a 4.4/ 40. Look at his stats with atlantic high…. I know nothing about the kid from long boat key but he looks pretty good also. both kids were all state!! http://fausports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/souverain_mckinson00.html
Back to the top

2006 QB

McKinson is for real. Great pocket presence. But, IMHO,I don't see him figuring in coach Schnells plans at QB. When Embick first arrived, Embick gave him fits when he took off out of the pocket. Coach is old school and I don't know if he's ready for a Mike Vick type just yet. Will take some getting used to.
I don't even know if OC Seiple have plays for QB draws.. ;D

Hopefully I'm dead wrong on this one!
Back to the top

2006 QB

Miami and LSU also wanted him but they were going to play him as a DB. He didnt want to have anything to do with that!! He has talant all over the field.
Back to the top

2006 QB

well then they probably promised him the 2006 starting job, and hopefully won't put handcuffs on him since they know he's a duel threat.

buddy of mine coached on the staff over at atlantic (i'm in the education field), siad he couldn't beleive the kid didn't get more offers. i'm guesing now noone wanted to keep him as a qb and FAU promised they would. so if they made that promise, they obviously see potential in his play and won't take away half his game.
Back to the top

2006 QB

That's great to hear about "implied" promises. If they keep this kid at QB we will be a very exciting team anytime he's on the field. You should see some of what he does at practices with his moves in the pocket!

I hope they honor his wishes and keep him in the QB spot.
Back to the top

2006 QB

After watching Barrick Nealy work our defense last game, I wouldn't mind seeing a mobile, running QB.
Back to the top

2006 QB

2006 QB

"work our defense" is putting it mildly. To take a phrase from Boston's Pedro. Nealy was our "daddy" for the 1st half. But we came through. 8-)

McKinson is going to be better that that. He's faster and quicker than Nealy. IMO.
Back to the top
Control functions: