Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU looking weak?

I dont know but I think we should have played more solidly the past two games. It looks as though we are playing to our opponents ability, meaning if there tough we step it up but if there easy we play laxed. I saw smiles on all the players faces after we scored 3-0, the sould have scored a TD. I know we had alot of second stringers in the second half but if thats what we have to look foward to next season im a little worried :-/ Thankfully we will have 30 new recruits. Ohh and did anyone else think the officiating blew? I did! for instance our TD, he had that foot in and dragged the other....
Back to the top

FAU looking weak?

I don't know if they looked weak, but definetly not sharp. Today was better than the Texas State game. I think that game was a product of the team having two weeks off. Today the offense was better and the defense played great against the run but gave up a lot of yards in the air. Of course Vincent Jackson had a lot to do with that, he's a stud. But I think the Owls will be fine and fired up finally getting to play at home this week. I know I'm pumped to finally be going to a game! ;D

Oh and yes, the officiating was bad. There were two bad calls along the sideline, costing FAU a TD and a big gain passing. There were also two questionable face-masking calls against the Owls. Oh well, didn't hurt us in the end.
Back to the top

FAU looking weak?

Officiating definitely stunk. That was a touchdown and I couldn't tell from their crappy replay but that "touchdown" NC scored in the back of the endzone looked like he was way out. Score should have been 46-17.

Did you notice that they spelled Embick's name "Embrick" on the stats graphic? I am almost glad the volume was low at Duffy's so I wouldn't have to hear the announcers. Hey it was a pretty solid win and I am sure that 5 straight away games is beginning to take its toll on how tight they play. Go OWLS!
Back to the top

FAU looking weak?

Yea I noticed the Embrick thing also. and the second face mask call was definatly NOT a face mask!!! the officiating was AWFULL!!!! were they DII refs?
Back to the top

FAU looking weak?

These guys will be Ok. Lot of things play into each game. It has do do with matchups too.
They had some serious travel issues to even get into Greeley Colorado! They ate at 2:30 in the morning after arriving late because of plane travel. A lot of teams may have had an even more subdued performance.
As far as second stringers. The defense have some returning players who WASN'T in the game during that drive too. Remember that UNC moved the ball on the 1st team too with the Jackson plays. He's good.

The refs were not too sharp. The announcers were worst than last week's. I saw the Embick error on the graphics board. They are STILL using last spring's starting lineup. It wasn't even updated!
Back to the top

FAU looking weak?

I will only add that we do need to learn how to finish games - Ill time sub-in seem to kill any momentum to do just that. Overall good effort all around and the players know there is still room for improvement.

Back to the top

FAU looking weak?

I attended the Northern Colorado game (beautiful day for football), and the scoreboard did not have instant replay capabilities. When I got home and looked at the tape, I saw what we had suspected. You guys are right about the bad calls. Even the sheer number of penalties – about 10 against the Owls and only one against Northern Colorado – says a lot. I think the officials were from the Mountain West Conference. There was the usual announcement before the game, but I couldn't hear it clearly.

One other tidbit of interest that an FAU alum who lives in Colorado but who never had seen the Owls play: He says Northern Colorado let the field grass grow a bit longer in an effort to slow the speedy Owls. A few Owls also slipped when trying to make cuts. I wonder whether they had the right shoes with them for deep-grass turf. Don't you just love football strategy? The Bears coach is O. Kay Dalton, age 72, another veteran football man who doesn't miss many angles.

Other notes: Several FAU folks who now live in Colorado made it to their first game. One was the retired music professor who wrote the school song (along with his son-in-law). Another alum brought his wife and two kids. Still another came by himself. And I'm sure we didn't meet all of them. The Alumni Association put on a great tailgate. President Frank Brogan addressed the gathering before we all went into the stadium. All of this helps, in very small steps, build the fan base. Each of the new fans I met asked whether the Owls would be out West again this year. Unfortunately (for us), they will not be.

One more thing: I know some of you folks do not like the 'Who let the Owls out' cheer. That certainly is your right. I would prefer no cheer during offensive snap counts, etc, and I didn't sense any problem with that in Greeley, Colo. But what the heck? I say, 'Chant away, friends. Just come to the games.' A lot of these folks show up not only at the home games, but also at away games – a pretty loyal and expensive effort. The team and coach certainly notice. In Greeley, right before kickoff, he cupped his hand to his ear and waved to the Owl faithful, earning lusty cheers.
Back to the top

FAU looking weak?

Other notes: Several FAU folks who now live in Colorado made it to their first game. One was the retired music professor who wrote the school song (along with his son-in-law). Another alum brought his wife and two kids. Still another came by himself. And I'm sure we didn't meet all of them. The Alumni Association put on a great tailgate. President Frank Brogan addressed the gathering before we all went into the stadium. All of this helps, in very small steps, build the fan base. Each of the new fans I met asked whether the Owls would be out West again this year. Unfortunately (for us), they will not be.

grayowl, that is some very valuable information! People need to see that the Alumni Association is very active with promoting the owls.
Thanks and keep up the GREAT job.

As for the Chant,don't mind us. We all have our preferences. I personally would rather they play excerpts from songs to pump up the crowd.
Imagine the Owls driving to score and "Let's Get This Party Started(B.E.P.)" is booming from the pressbox?
Back to the top

FAU looking weak?

FAU looking weak?

Looks like FAU really ruined Hawaii for the season. How about that blowout loss to UTEP :o

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

FAU looking weak?

Looks like FAU really ruined Hawaii for the season. How about that blowout loss to UTEP :o

Hawaii is down this year. But UTEP is also up this year. I was stunned when I looked at UTEP's schedule and saw a 4-2 record! UTEP beat the WAC darling, Fresno State, on the road last weekend! The Miners may go bowling if they keep this up!
Back to the top
Control functions: