Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Oklahoma St.

Link to Sun-Sentinel article:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/fau/sfl-fau19oct19,0,3833486.story?coll=sfla-fau
Back to the top

Oklahoma St.

Oklahoma St.

Wow … heck of a schedule next year … 8-)

"In addition to Kansas, Oklahoma State and Cincinnati, FAU will play seven Sun Belt Conference opponents next year, and Angelos has had discussions with teams including Miami, Nebraska and Louisville for an 11th game."

Back to the top

Oklahoma St.

From hosting Slippery Rock University to OK State in a home opener in 5 years is absolutely amazing. These games will definetly get us ready for a run at the SBC title.
Back to the top

Oklahoma St.

Wow, great job scheduling, especially Oklahoma State at home. I have a question though, don't you guys have FAMU at home for that 11th game? Or do you think you'll buy out of that?

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

Oklahoma St.

I thought our schedual was made up already? also I have mixed feelings about the schedual... its great knowing that these teams will play us but does anyone thing were going to turn into another UCF? meaning biteing off more than we can chew.... The only justification I can find is that we play 7 sun belt games so we have a chance of winning at least 7 games andif we lose to the other big programs we still look good on paper... ok.. maybe its not such a bad idea trying to get Miami to play us, one thing is for sure itll draw a huge croud!!
Back to the top

Oklahoma St.

its great knowing that these teams will play us but does anyone thing were going to turn into another UCF? meaning biteing off more than we can chew…. The only justification I can find is that we play 7 sun belt games so we have a chance of winning at least 7 games andif we lose to the other big programs we still look good on paper

Interesting comparison. But UCF wasn't all bad. They had the good years in the 90's with Daunte Culpepper. Then they had good years with Ryan Schneider for the past several years.
This year has nothing to do with the opponents. They lost to BUFFALO And AKRON!!! I think it's internal. Lost players,injuries and player disatisfactions will do that too you. Top that with a new coach who tries to make you forget EVERYTHING you've learned from the previous coach and you have turmoil/dicipline problems.

We're gonig to take our lumps on the next level. That's all apart of the transition. We have great athletes to chose from during National Signing Day. Recruits will want to play for the OWLS because of the schedule! We have great players coming back to almost each positions. We have redshirts waiting their turns. So if you believe that this year's team can compete with some of these teams then relax, the "replacement"(2005) players will do ok too.
Cincy lost to Army. Army beat USF. I feel that we would give USF fits this year. Honest! So maybe we could hang with Cincy next year. OK State? A little more beefy linemen should keep us on the field. The speed is always there. Same for the other positions. Additional size will make our team very competitive with these teams.
Your part about losses looking good on papers may in fact be a measuring stick. We take care of business in the SunBelt and the OOC losses(if they happen) may/may not hamper our bid for a bowl.
Does anyone know if the SunBelt work on strength of schedule?
Back to the top

Oklahoma St.

It looks like next year will be a big jump in terms of scheduling. The interesting thing about the possibility of a Miami game is that it will have a big time impact on recruiting. Miami really has nothing to gain from the game. For example, 1) we play them close but lose, recruits that could maybe go to UM but sit for two or three years might choose a competetive FAU team where they could play early. 2) if Miami blows us out, people will say that they were supposed to win big, doesn't really help them any with recruiting. 3) FAU pulls off the upset and top flight recruits will take a real serious look at FAU and maybe pick FAU over Miami. No matter what the outcome of the game, a matchup with Miami makes FAU an attractive school for recruits, much more so than a matchup with Illinios State or even Hawaii for that matter.

In the end, the game would be huge for recruiting with Miami having a lot to lose and FAU having everything to gain. ;D

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Oklahoma St.

Good points. Even a win by UM may steer recruits to FAU. They may see where they can play early at FAU,still be close to home and help BEAT Miami.. 8-)
Back to the top

Oklahoma St.

The Oklahoma State game will be big for recruiting as well. It will bring us national attention and it might make us appealing to some of the big linemen from Big 12 country.

While I like coach's focus on south Florida talent and speed, it is always nice to add beef from the midwest.

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Oklahoma St.

While I like coach's focus on south Florida talent and speed, it is always nice to add beef from the midwest.

Couldn't agree more. Too many midwest coaches go on record saying that they get their beef from their states and come to Florida for the speed. We should return the favor.
Back to the top
Control functions: