Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU providing Transportation to the game

No Ride…No Excuse
Bus to Lockhart Stadium for Oct. 23 football game

Oct. 18, 2004

The FAU athletic department is happy to offer football fans transportation from the Boca Raton campus to Lockhart Stadium and back for Saturday's game versus Louisiana-Monroe on October 23. The bus ride is free for students and only $2 for non-students. The bus will leave from the University Center Box Office at 1:30 pm. Non-students who wish to take advantage of this offer need to call the Athletic Ticket Office at 866-FAU-OWLS or 297-0410 by Thursday October 21 to reserve their spot. Space is limited and reserved on a first come, first served basis. Students simply need to show up, present their valid Owl Card and join in the fun.

The bus will return immediately following the game. Drop-off and pick-up will be at Gate B of Lockhart Stadium.

Fans can also enjoy the pre-game tailgating by calling the Alumni Association at 297-3011. All-you-can-eat food is $10 or fans can purchase a ticket for the tailgate party and game for just $30.

If you have any questions, please call the Athletic Ticket Office at 1-866-FAU-OWLS or 297-0410.

Back to the top

The question is does the school actually let the student population know about this? The bus turnout always seems so weak.

They should make everyone who lives on campus get on the buses, what else are they going to do on campus on a Saturday?

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

I wonder if there are bus flyers throughout the campus. I little advertisement for the students won't hurt.
Back to the top

Im sure its probably posted in the dorms… im not positive though, but I know what your talking about all I have seen on campus is one banner….. >:(
Back to the top

FAU can't expect Schnelly to do everything himself. Do they want him to rally the students in the cafeteria or maybe hand out tix in the breezeway?

The school better be doing some on-campus promotions because there is no excuse to have less than 15,000 on Saturday.

Back to the top

unfortunitly I havent seen any.. I got a flier about being a "football ambasidor" I think im going to give the guy a cal today and find out some logistics... I go to school and work full time but I think I can sqeez another extra caricular in........ I feel I have to, not much promoting has been done.
Back to the top

Isn't this the student government should latch on to and run with? You would think that a group that has as much pull (or thinks they have any pull at all) would get the students organized.

Back to the top

Part of the problem with students is this - the ones that where here before football don't care, the ones that started at FAU in 2001 & 2002 didn't care either because according to them the team suck. Now with the success of last year the incoming freshman do seem to care more - that is only roughly about 4,000 new students out of which a certain percentage even care about football. So we can expect more students at games, but not enough to fill the stadium. The students participation will grow with each new year.

Must Alumni's don't care either.

That leave getting the community & local youth group involved some how. That is happening at a slow but steady pace.

The local media coverage has been great, so that will also help getting people excited about FAU. With the success we are having and the buzz being generated about FAU will increase interest. It think that is evident and paying off with increase tickets sold - Now I know it not 15,000+, but it is doubled the figures from last year
overall attendance figures. Us winning the home opener is even more important for us to increase these figures over the season. It does take time to build a solid fans base - the alumni's unfortunately will not give us the support we need, most don't think the program will be able to compete at the Miami, FSU level so just don't care (That is why Schnellenbereger want FAU to go D-1A becuase he knew D-1AA in south Florida would never have any sufficient support).

As much as I would love to see a sell-out on Sat., I would be happy with 12,000 and build on that for the next home game. Everybody should try to bring as many friends as posible.

Go Owls!!

Back to the top

I started there in 2000 with all my other friends. To be compleatly honest with you the first year I didnt care, actually never went to a game. After that year I had saturdays off so I started going occasionaly, and now I dont miss a game, along with all my other friends that started in 2000. It is true though, we do have alot of older students that feel since we cant compete with FSU or Miami than why bother. I hate the kids that come to class sporting Miami gear or Oklahoma gear when 90% of them have never been on the campus of either. I used to have Miami stuff until this season. Miami was my favorite 1A team FAU was my 1AA team. I chucked all my Miami stuff out and stocked up on the FAU gear. The students complain about FAU but they dont understand THEY MAKE FAU…… If they want a big school its up to them, It started with cantanies now brogan, they have done alot. And as far as the student government…. THEY SUCK!!!! not one person from student government was there for the appreciation day when the fans could meet the players…. I say impeachment….
Back to the top

Good post bcmatzen.
Back to the top
Control functions: