Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

NO BOWL

You guys know what is messed up. If the AGGIES win these week against NTexas, and we win out the year, and go 7-4, and win the Sunbelt, the sunbelt commisioner is going to choice NTexas instead of us to go to the NO bowl. How messed up is that. WE havent been to a bowl game since 1960, and if they do that and we win the sunbelt, its going to be the sadest day in college football. I'm just saying these cause it can happen to you guys one day if you ever choice to leave the belt.
Back to the top

NO BOWL

Can you really blame them for that though? I would choose North Texas too, you want someone who will be in the Belt representing the conference, not someone who's gone next season.

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

NO BOWL

Ok well if that happens, just hope it happens to you to see how you would feel. How can NTexas go when we were the better team We would be 7-4, and them 6-5. I kind of glad that we are going to a better COnf tho.
Back to the top

NO BOWL

OK Well... good luck ;D
Back to the top

NO BOWL

If you were staying in the Belt and it was North Texas leaving, wouldn't you want someone other than them representing the Sun Belt?! I know I for sure would, yes it does suck that you had the better record but I can see where they are coming from.

Have fun in your "better" conference.

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

NO BOWL

Ok well if that happens, just hope it happens to you to see how you would feel. How can NTexas go when we were the better team We would be 7-4, and them 6-5. I kind of glad that we are going to a better COnf tho.

Well FAU and FIU are in a similar situation. If we finish with a decent record, we can't go to a bowl in D1-AA and we can't go in D1-A either. Same thing really. You leave and you expect them to give to a good-bye present. Put yourself in the shoes of the teams who are staying!

Better conference? You guys still have to represent well wherever you go.
Back to the top

NO BOWL

NO BOWL

If you're referring to my post, that's not a complaint. Just comparing how things work when you're playing by someone's else's rules. Everything don't come easy.
Back to the top

NO BOWL

hey aggie boy you wanna know whats gonna suck even more? When we kick your ass back to new mexico all the way from south florida……… Homecoming is gonna be great. I'm flying in from ny, I have friends from 02' flying from all over the US of A to watch the "aggies" get spanked………
Back to the top

NO BOWL

I know this board is full of speculation, but there is no reason to get too hot under the collar until NMSU goes the distance and wins out. When that happens you can start complaining. College football is full of rip-offs. How did North Texas at 6-5 and Kansas at 6-6 go to bowls last year and a 9-3 Northern Illinois team didn't make a bowl after huge wins against Alabama and Maryland? It is the system. It stinks but that is how it works.

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

NO BOWL

You guys know what is messed up. If the AGGIES win these week against NTexas, and we win out the year, and go 7-4, and win the Sunbelt, the sunbelt commisioner is going to choice NTexas instead of us to go to the NO bowl. How messed up is that. WE havent been to a bowl game since 1960, and if they do that and we win the sunbelt, its going to be the sadest day in college football. I'm just saying these cause it can happen to you guys one day if you ever choice to leave the belt.

Nope. That is incorrect.

First off, the CURRENT Sun Belt team with the best conference win percentage will go to the New Orleans Bowl. In fact, if North Texas loses twice in the conference and Arkansas State manages to lose again, and if MTSU wins out, then we will go to New Orleans because of our 6-2 conf3erence record which North Texas' 5-2 conference mark could not out-do.

As far as Commissioner Waters selecting North Texas over New Mexico State even if NMSU wins out, that is completely and totally false. NMSU would go to the New Orleans Bowl provided North Texas loses at least two conference games. NMSU may not go if North Texas has an equal conference mark, but that would be the decision of the New Orleans Bowl committee, not the commissioner of the conference. But if NMSU beats UNT, and they both have the same conference mark and are tied for first in the conference, NMSU would go to New Orleans because of the head-to-head matchup.

I don't know where you are getting your information from, but you have been misinformed all the way around.
Back to the top
Control functions: