Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

History repeats itself

We have NEVER won a home opener. :-/ I didnt plan on loosing today either. The team just did not click in the first half, awfull !! Remember how LMU's head coach said we should be ranked 22, well there are 2 BCS computer models that had us ranked 22 and 23, so maybe he wasnt that far off. On the other hand we played like crap the first half, the second half we turned it around, I questioned some of the passes twords the end, we had 1:30 left and were were going for the endzone? I rather get 10 yards at a time, esspcially since the march down field was working…. I CANT BELIEVE WE LOST !!! LMU played a good game though, saw very few errors, if any on there part, and there punter was amazing considering we have the #1 punter in D-1A… If any of you get the boca news they put a small sub paper in it with nothing but FAU football stuff, it has all our national stats this week.

here is one of the BCS models….

http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~prwolfe/cfootball/ratings.htm#first
Back to the top

History repeats itself

yeah...it is definitely a dissapointment...FAU is a great team..and is if you ask me the brightest and best in terms of Sun Belt...just came up short today... GO OWLS... FAMU will feel the wrath on SAT... GOOOOOOOOO OWWWWWLLLLS
Back to the top

History repeats itself

Even though we lost, FAU still achieved way more than anyone expected! Mark my words, this will be the only game FAU will loose this season, including Troy. With the coaching staff we have, they will never come out flat again! ;D
Back to the top

History repeats itself

One or two bad passes was the difference in this one. They need to clean up the penalties and I know Howard will drill that into them this week. As for the rest of the season, bring 'em on! I hope we can build on the attendance. I was really hoping to see the visitors side of the field more full.
By the way, BC…Great job on the cannon! I like it. ;D
Back to the top

History repeats itself

Looks like penalties finaly got the best of us - everytime we got any momentum we killed oursevels with undisciplined penalties, something we must work on.

Offensively it wasn't all bad, Allen missed some open receivers, yet some balls were dropped that shouldn't have been. Again penalties were our biggest enemies on offense.

The defense came up bid in the second half to give us a chance for a W and we had our chances, it just wasn't our day.

We need to get this home opener bug off our backs :P

Maybe now they can play a little more relaxed, with out any pressure from being undefeated. Let's rebound with a win against the Rattlers.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

Hope your right dolphan, I think they were alittle to relaxed for this game I know I was. Considering the Indians havent won three in a row in years I was convinced we had this one. Hopefully this game will serve as a reminder that were not invincable and the owls will be fired up for the rest of the games.
Back to the top

History repeats itself

Louisiana-Monroe is playing some of the best football in the conference right now. Their defense is starting to peak. ULM has shown decent defense in the past, but what they have done here recently is simply amazing.

Louisiana-Monroe has gone on the road these last three weeks and they have beaten:

1. Idaho in the Kibbie Dome which is one of the toughest places to play in the Sun Belt. FAU can thank their lucky stars they won't have to play a game in Idaho's "Hangar". Our team lost there in 2002 and won in overtime there last year.

2. Florida International, an up-and-coming future Sun Belt team that has taken it to 1-AA powers, Stephen F. Austin and Youngstown State. FIU almost beat McNeese State yesterday and they are a strong 1-AA team.

3. Florida Atlantic, another up-and-coming future Sun Belt team that has collected four 1-A wins in the past two seasons beating Midde Tennessee twice, the three-time defending Sun Belt champs in North Texas, and WAC power Hawaii all on the road. FAU was ranked fourth in the nation in 1-AA last year and was ranked in the Top 30 according to the latest BC$ standings.

If ULM beats North Texas on the road this weekend, they will control their own destiny in the Sun Belt. I certainly hope our team isn't stupid enough to think a win against them will be in the bag. This is NOT the same Louisiana-Monroe football team we have seen in the past.

Charlie Weatherbie has ULM moving up and they keep proving that with every week. This team could still win the Sun Belt which would be a shock to the world for sure! Good quality win for the Indians yesterday at FAU.
Back to the top

History repeats itself

I don't think it was one or two bad throws, I counted at least 5. Allen had 3 INTs and Bynes had to make two great plays just to knock the ball out of the defenders hands. The next to last INT Allen threw was pathetic..the guy was open, the defender seemed to slip and yet still had time to come back and intercept the pass. Hats off to UL-Monroe, but I thought Allen played terrible. The best offensive play was just a great catch by the wideout…so good that he hurt himself a little stretching out to catch it. Allen seems to lock on to his target on his first step back.. if I can tell it in the stands, I'm sure the DBs can tell (just look at all the triple teams he threw into).
Anyone else think Embick should get a longer look this year????
Back to the top

History repeats itself

Allen will move forward from this one. Remember the BCC game last year when they blitzed just about every down? We made adjustments and No Arizona paid the price trying to do the same thing.
I'm sure that FAMU was watching!!

IMHO, I think the OC need to make quicker adjustments when we get barraged like that.
Back to the top

History repeats itself

I agree OG and I think the coaches also realized that they may not have made adjustment quick enough, which I don't understand because it's not like it's the first time opponents have done it. Oppossing teams do it frequent enough that we should be able to make the adjustments quicker, IMO anyway.

Things you learn through a loss sometimes is more valuable then a win. We have rebounded from these type of losses in the past, so I expect us to do the same here.
Back to the top
Control functions: