Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

attendance

How was attendance? I couldn't go to the game because I had to work, but the paper this morning said it was just above 12,000.. Not bad considering last years attendance, but it certainly sounded pretty loud on the radio when I was listening.

I'm thinking the stands probably looked like the game against Colgate last year.
Back to the top

attendance

The attendance wasn't bad. Not the 15,000 we need, but definatey a nice improvement from last year. The stands weren't quite as full as the playoff game, but it was close. Hopefully a nice starting point to build on. The students really came out for the first time I can remember other than the playoff game. I heard they finally advertised on campus this week and it looks like it is paying off.
Back to the top

attendance

Nice turn out, about what I expected - the weather may have had an impact, but nice.

The people around me that were new to FAU football had a good time and were not discourage from the lost.
Now we just need to build on the 12,557 that showed up.

Back to the top

attendance

I was reading somewhere that one of the SBC teams are in jeopardy of being dropped down to D1AA cause of attendance, what is the acceptable number that each team must have to stay in D1A, and what number did FAU have yesterday at there field, will they be able to sustain attendance numbers to get into D1A SBC.
Back to the top

attendance

I noticed we probably had the largest turnout of students ever. the south side was packed and the student section to the west was packed, the north side wasnt to bad but needed some more people. Overall a nice croud, and yea it was pretty loud yesterday. Hopefully the weather did have a effect on the attendence and it fill even more later in the season. I just hope people still are intrested even though we lost. :-[
Back to the top

attendance

Even the top teams have bad games & losses. If we can come back and play sound football in the next two games, I don't forsee a problem with us getting a nice crowd for the next home game.

Reaching 15,000 plus will be dificult, but we must remain hopefull. If we had a 2-3 year span to build on, then it would be a much easier task.

The student turn-out was awesome, hopefully they return for the next game.

Back to the top

attendance

My only point is you must have an average attendance of 15,000 people to get in sunbelt Conf., and attain D1A status, you cant just hope it will happen people must make it happen, advertise, bring people into community more between games, hell, give out free tickets via radio contests, I know you may loose some revenue but you need to filled the stadium. A company usually has a finanicial lose sometime to achieve success down the road and to get that succes down the road fill the stadium, if you become D1A then the fans will come on their own and you couldn't buy a ticket on face value after that.
Back to the top

attendance

I agree… I feel we might have had 15,000 yesterday but the rain kept alot of people away. I know a couple of people that were going but decided not to cause of the weather…. >:( whimps…
Back to the top

attendance

It is a major concern because we don't have the luxury of time. I belive this will be addressed during the week to see what need to be done. With one home game under our belt with about 2,443 fans short of having 15,000 on saturday is to bad. We still have time to make things happen. The plan is not to have 15,000, but to sell out the games.

The interest is still high and I know that some people that where at the game were going to purchase season tickets and these are new fans, new fans to FAU football. It's to early to throw in the towels. Again we where just 2,443 tickets short of the mark with bad weather.

The next game so be the true barometer as to wheter we have something to worry about.

Back to the top

attendance

attendance

I think the FIU game will put us over the top. It is counting as our home game. For that one I predict 25,000 that should help our average. If we slaughter FAMU this weekend and they win against troy we will really have things going for us when we come home again. Im really looking foward to the FIU game its early december, blue skys, cool weather, two rivals = great turnout
Back to the top
Control functions: