Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Just got back. My take on the game.

From where I was sitting most of you covered everything. My seat at the game..right in the "who let the owls out". >:( >:( >:(

The motion penalties KILLED us. We started too many 1st and 15's!!!

We should have been able to put up more than 13 points on that defense.

They(ULM) prepared for us VERY well. They had the SS blitzing from different angles all day. We/OC didn't make adjustments for shorter routes until the 2nd half! Allen got killed waiting for the deep routes to develope! I don't recall seeing any type of screen passes to offset the blitzes?

The attendance could have been better but I was very exited about the student section. Do we know how many STAYED in the parking lot and DID NOT enter the gates? I heard it was a lot of fans outside who never entered the gates. That will change too.

The loss is not devastating. We need to get refocused now and stop reading about ourselves in the paper. Practice was crappy last week leading up to the game!

FAMU will be a better contest now from our standpoint. We need to rebound.

bcmatzen..nice touch with the cannon. I saw a couple of GQ looking fellas over there.. ;) Print Shirt, Black T and White T. Which one was you?

We will be OK… 8-)

Back to the top

I think they tried one screen pass that had no chance, it may very well have been a desparation attempt on Allen's part to make something happen out of nothing.

The only bad on Defense was that big running play for a TD, other then that - the defense did what they had to do, especially in the second half.

FAMU will be no cake walk - they play tough at home.

Back to the top

That breakaway long TD was a heartbreaker.. :(
They did step it up in the 2nd half to give the offense their chances to score.
Hopefully we won't have two bad weeks in a row on offensive penalties/miscues.

FAMU will be very tough at home especially after their win Saturday. I'm sure that they'll thy the momentum angle.
Back to the top

The first half I was wearing a dark blue Florida Atlantic shirt. The second half I had changed into a FAU hoodie sweat shirt. I always had a red FAU hat on backwards though. The first shot we fired using, FF powder at half time we were using FFF. Seemed to pack more of a punch, two of the refs and the coach for LMU said we have the loudest cannon in college football.... Thanks to Jet Turbine Systems, the makers of the cannon.
Back to the top

I don't know how it compares but UCF have a VERY loud cannon.
I like the cannon. It keeps you alert.

You're now in the history books of Owls Firsts.. 8-)
Back to the top

From left to right: Mr. Lebelo, Eric, Brian, Aaron, Hootie.. Im brian

Back to the top

That cannon definitely added a more college feel to the game. They really need to do something about that P.A. system…it was pretty sad the way it kept breaking up.

If anyone has any tailgate or game pics, send them to me and I'll put them up in the "Owlgate" section of Owlcoholics. Cheers.
Back to the top

I agree with your comment about the PA system. You cant hear it on the other side of the field!!! I need binoculars to see if we scored or not.
Back to the top

I see the 25 second clock in the background! You should have aim the cannon to the extreme left from where you were standing and take it out >:(
Back to the top

Off topic here - BC how was the crowd noise from where you were?
Back to the top
Control functions: