Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Louisville in 2005

According to the Louisville Sports Report, a deal between the Cards and the Owls is very close to being a reality for the 2005 season. It will be a wild scene if true. FAU will probably be the first team to ever be cheered by the opposing crowd as they run out onto the field.
Back to the top

FAU @ Louisville in 2005

Talk about leaps and bounds... were already talking about OSU, Miami, and now Louisville. :o
Back to the top

FAU @ Louisville in 2005

I don't think Miami will happen for next year, but Louisville would be an awesome deal. There where a few Louisville fans at the game on Sat. - very supportive to.

Back to the top

FAU @ Louisville in 2005

Playing Louisville in '05 would be sweet…. And louisville in So. Florida would be even Sweeter…. Is there a chance of UofL comming to Boca ever?
Back to the top

FAU @ Louisville in 2005

FAU @ Louisville in 2005

You guys might think its cool to play these big schools now, but your going to get tired of losing to them. Ask every sunbelt team they hate them. But you guys will just have to find out for yourself. Good luck
Back to the top

FAU @ Louisville in 2005

You guys might think its cool to play these big schools now, but your going to get tired of losing to them. Ask every sunbelt team they hate them. But you guys will just have to find out for yourself. Good luck

Remember this exchange?
nmsuaggies

You guys atleast treat your own fans good
? Thread started on: Oct 22nd, 2004, 2:16pm ? <br>

It is funny when I'm in the Aggie board. I get knock down for everything I say. I can tell you guys don't do that here, so i respect you guys for that. I think positive for my aggies, and just because i believe in them, the rest of the aggie fans knock me down for that. What kind of fans are they. Tell me what you think about this. Well good luck this week. Beat UL Monroe, and good luck in the belt next. I'll be going for you guys to win the sunbelt next year so good luck.

O.G. Owl
Administrator

Re: You guys atleast treat your own fans good
? Reply #1 on: Oct 22nd, 2004, 2:25pm ? <br>

I can't comment on your exchanges with your fellow Aggie message board fans, because I'm not privy to them.
We get along well on this board. Everyone have their own opinions. That's what it's all about.

Thanks for the well wishes.

nmsuaggies

? Reply #2 on: Oct 22nd, 2004, 2:28pm ? <br>

Im not even going to post their anymore. I getting tired of getting knocked down for every good think I say about NMSU. Its funny how they all can say their aggie fans, but when someone says something positive about the team they get all mad. Yeah i noitice you guys get a long, and i guess they just don't want to win. I think their scared, and i guess they like losing. I also I'm going to play college ball next year, and they all knock me down telling me that I'm not good. Well if I wasn't I would not be playing. Oh well, thanks for treating me good.

O.G. Owl
Administrator

? Reply #3 on: Oct 22nd, 2004, 3:47pm ? <br>

I'm not judgeing you but remember the the old say: "Sometimes it's not what you say(type), It's how you say it".

Good luck with your college career. Wherever it may be.

Today's reply to you:
Looks like you're backsliding again.

To be the best you have to play the best. Which team do you know that would actually say they will never want to play the best for fear of losing? Do you still play football or did you give it up? Think positive young man!

Back to the top

FAU @ Louisville in 2005

Well that is not me, but fans say it. Well a lot of sunbelt teams fans say it. I think it would be cool to play in front of 60 or 70k. I would like it, but it would suck to get killed.
Back to the top

FAU @ Louisville in 2005

nmsauggies:

Some teams play the big boys for the pay check - for us we play with the bigs boys because we want to play at their level - so yes we will get knock around for a few, but will gravitate to that level. In the past we schedule over our heads - the reason the coaches wanted to show the young men how hard they have to work to get to that level which justifies how hard the coaches make the players practice. We have gotten knock around in the past and our scheduling as gotten harder every consecutive years. If a team heads into those games with the right attitude, it can be a huge learning expirence and the potential growth tremedous.

FAU is doing what it need to do to get the level of play they inspire. The success depend how the player handle this adversity and with the coaches that we have driving them, will only help them push to acheive the goals they set in front of themselves.

The pay-off won't happen overnight, but during a period of several years as the players develop - proof of that is already evident with this current team and with the next couple of recruiting classes the development will keep pace with the intensity that is driving this program forward.

We want to be the best so we are playing the best. This team has an attitude that they can compete we anybody - example Hawaii, they went in believing in themselve that they could win and fought as if they were going to win - the result was a win. So, if this team lined up against Miami today - they would have that same attitude (in the past it was let's compete and a bid ass whopping followed) would the game be close - it really doesn't matter it's more about attitude, the way the game is approached before and after.

Last year this team had to learn how to win - now we need to learn how to handle all the attention we are getting and learning how to play as favorites. A process that keeps our growth going.

If the teams that are currnently playing in the SBC are happy with the level of play that they are currently play with no asparations to improve to a higher level that is fine, but FAU has higher asparations and that is to play at the highest level of D-1A football so we must again play with the big boys and take our medicine in the process.

Back to the top

FAU @ Louisville in 2005

Bytor,

I think you nailed it. If you want to compete with the best, you have to play the best, even if you have to take a few beatings first. Also, another area that this benefits us is in recruiting. It has to make it so much easier to compete in South Florida recruiting to go to a kid showing him a schedule that includes OSU, Michigan State, Louisville, Kansas State, and Kansas over the next 4 years, plus the opportunity to play earlier than at the big 3 schools. Not to mention the chance to win a conference and play in a bowl game. The jump in talent that this will bring in is worth a few initial losses.
Back to the top

FAU @ Louisville in 2005

http://www.courier-journal.com/cjsports/news2004/10/27/C6-cusa1027-5548.html

Its looking more and more like we are going to have a major league schedule next year.
It isn't fun to watch losses but it will be a little less painful if we can get the attendance up at the games. Seeing more of the opposing teams fans than your own will hopefully be a motivational factor for the folks who can't seem to get to the games.
Back to the top
Control functions: