Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Even trade....want to help out the FIU fans?

Anyone interested in helping out the FIU fans in an even "marathon college football gameday" trade? ;D

On November 13th, our game vs. Georgia Southern will take place at 11:00am. Your team (FAU) has a game vs. New Mexico State on the same day at 4:00pm. If we can rally/convince some of your fans to come down to our game, we can also go to your game and help out every little bit with attendance. The drive between both stadiums is about 35-40 minutes. I have also posted this message on our message board. Who's game?

Directions from FIU Community Stadium:
Take the Florida Turnpike to I-75 North. Head north until you get to I-595. Then head east on I-595 to I-95 North. Exit off of Commercial Blvd. and head west about 1 to 1.5 miles and the stadium will be on your right hand side (north side).

Directions from Lockhart Stadium:
Take I-95 South to I-595 and then head west until you get to I-75. Head south on I-75 until you hit the Florida Turnpike. Continue south on the Florida Turnpike until you hit SW 8th Street and exit there. The FIU University Park Campus is on the east side of the turnpike. From the exit head east (right) for about 1 to 1.5 miles until you see the entrance to the campus. Once on campus, just follow the big, blue panther paws in the road which will lead you to the front of the stadium.
Back to the top

that actually sounds like good times...only problem that you may have is that our game vs. NMSU is our homecoming and will likely result in WAY EARLY TAILGATING...have to see....good idea though...GO OWLS
Back to the top

That is a good idea. Did you major in marketing ;)

FAU is right about the NMSU game. The folks will probably be there real early for the homecoming game.
Back to the top

I was planning to attend both games. (My wife is FIU Grad) It is a great idea....
Back to the top

Now keep in mind that we are still rivals and all, but I just wanted to ensure that with boosted attendance figures to get us both over the hump, we can remain rivals and we can let the tradition of the rivalry stem from there so that we can remain in competition with one another for years to come! ;D
Back to the top

maybe if you guys get a cool cannon i will goto the fiu game lol
Back to the top

maybe if you guys get a cool cannon i will goto the fiu game lol

We do have a cannon. I took a pic of it firing in the last game:

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

ARG...... Thats a mighty nice cannon you got there..lol I dont remember it from last year. omgericisleet and I might just have to go down there and see what you guys are fireing.. we got the stats on our cannon.. we can fire a lead projectile over a mile, and its freakin LOUD!!!! but maybe cause I was two feet from it.
Back to the top

Oh it's loud as hell. As you can see from the pic, my girl and I were on the field for the game, kind of close to it and it caught us off guard a couple of times and we jumped like crazy.

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

very respectable but i prefer the 40mm artillary cannon. cant wait until the schula bowl going to be a good game.
Back to the top
Control functions: