Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

traditions

what kind of traditions would everyone like to see fau eventually have because right now all that we have is a cannon we def need to have some more to add for the future
Back to the top

traditions

1-A nice cheer other than the "Who let the Owls out"

2-A band will be nice. The latin and tropical flavor from the original band was ok.

3-The Mascot getting the crowd going during timeouts. Dancing or just cuttin' up.

Back to the top

traditions

1. a band is a must
2. a good fightsong
3. a good chant
Back to the top

traditions

they need to toss out the "who let the owls out", and i feel that for now, the local high school bands are fine. i remember a game last year, Ely h.s. band performed at half time and put on a great show. plus, the high school kids and their parents/friends will add to attendance.
Back to the top

traditions

We have a fight song, we just need a band to play it ::)

They tried the F-A-U Owls chant before the game, don't know what happen to it during the game ??

I agree with OG - The Owl mascot got to do something, either before the game and/or during - Our first Owl was pretty good - the guy was all over the place, use to flex his wing - he had attitude and I remember him preforming during half-time once.
Back to the top

traditions

traditions

We've also got to make loud noise at the right times, like when the other team has the ball. Even at home, the crowd noise affect is still as if the OWLS were playing on the road. We've got to make noise when the defense is out on the field, not when our "O" is trying to convert a 4th down. :-[
Back to the top

traditions

I also noticed that we still have to get the "When to cheer", part down. We do yell when the offense is asking for quiet to hear the call.
Hopefully, It will become second nature real soon!

Back to the top

traditions

I also noticed that we still have to get the "When to cheer", part down. We do yell when the offense is asking for quiet to hear the call.
Hopefully, It will become second nature real soon!

Yeah…You can definitely tell that a good majority of the crowd are not regular Football watchers ;D
But at least they are there. Perhaps if the Owl and cheerleaders held up queue cards to "guide" the football fan challenged.

I did notice that the response to "Who let the owls out" was much less than last season. Thank God!
Back to the top

traditions

The cheerleaders started the "sign cheer" last game. Hopefully it will carry over till the next game.

The "Owsl out" leader won't get the hint. He's feeling his beers by kick-off. Then his buddies and whoever else is "feeling good" stops by and gets him going again. I know. I was sitting next to them this past game! >:(

True Story on Our exchange:
Him: Why aren't you cheering. Have you ever heard the Baja Boys "Who let the Owls out?".

Me: The old one from a couple years ago? About a million times.

Him: Have you ever heard our version?

Me: Yeah, almost a million times.

He makes a face and stumbles back to his seat. But he continues to try and get me and my guests to participate. Didn't happen! We're yelling at every play and general cheering. But he want's his cheer. By the way, they have a sign with the saying on it in Section 102!

I'm not against making noise and cheering but this one will not be missed if it's put to rest. But right now it's all we have.
Back to the top

traditions

O.G...i know im pretty new to this board but i can say that i have been to EVERY home since the beginning versus Slippery Rock...IM MAKING IT CLEAR...The phrase is now DEAD...i will be having a talk with the drunk man in 2 wks...it needs to go!!!! GO OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: