Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owls - Only winners in Florida...

…1-A at least. UM, FSU, UF (when was the last time that happened??), UCF, and FIU go down to defeat :o.

GO OWLS!!
Back to the top

Florida's "Big Three" haven't lost on the same day since Oct.14, 1978.

That New Mexico State-FIU result is kind of scary. The two teams combined for 1,144 yards in total offense ? 646 for New Mexico State and 498 for Florida International.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Florida's "Big Three" haven't lost on the same day since Oct.14, 1978.

That New Mexico State-FIU result is kind of scary. The two teams combined for 1,144 yards in total offense ? 646 for New Mexico State and 498 for Florida International.

Both teams did put up impressive offensive numbers. However, I think that may be more that the defenses for both teams are not very good. I heard that FIU was just awful on defense last night, and NMSU has allowed a ton of points in just about every game they have played. The least amount of points they have allowed has been 18 in their win over Troy. In their other games they have allowed 63, 41, 38, 45, 32, 36, and 31. I'm not saying that these games won't be a challenge though. But I think our offense should be able to plenty of points against each team.
Back to the top

Go Owls!! Only USF who had a bye isn't upset this morning.

What's the chances of us going undefeated on the road?? One more, perhaps the toughest, to go.
Back to the top

even though we were the only florida winners we didnt get enough coverage as i would have hoped for
Back to the top

We didn't get enough coverage… because Florida's Big 3 all lost. That should make perfect sense.

Back to the top

no we should have gotten more coverage because we were the only florida team of mention who won that day
Back to the top

No, we shouldn't have more publicity. Come on people!

Florida's Big 3 all lost on the same day for the first time in over 25 years. That kind of a big deal.

FAU on the other hand beat a patsy Division 1-AA school by 30 points. Nice win for us, but in the big picture of college football, not a big deal.

If the Big 3 all lose the same day we beat Oklahoma State, then I will agree that we should be the lead story. But until then, get over it.

Back to the top

but this is like our 13 game in a row on the road won
Back to the top

1st time since 1978 that all the "Big 3" in florida lost on the same day. That will TRUMP any story about the "upstart" local team being the only one to win. We didn't get alot of coverage, but it was all good coverage. Now we are also getting metioned by the hosts of sportstalk radio down here as well, a local following is beginning to form. :o 8-)
Back to the top
Control functions: