Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAMU. What a college ATMOSPHERE!!

Good Spots:

This was really impressive. The tailgates. The entire block in front of the stadium(Mahanish Way) were all Food stands!! Any kind imaginable. The band. The music blasting from car stereos. The vendors hawking a variety of items in the streets. The band. The crowd participation. The dueling mascots. Yep! The Owl and the Rattler went at it most of the day!
The band. ( Did I say that yet?)
Also the Dueling Bands setup were amazing! The Band(Marching 100) split into two's and seperated into two groups. One sat on FAU's side behind the bench and one sat on FAMU's side in the sideline endzone. They played off against each other all day! The band members must be very quick music learners. They played almost all new songs!

Bad spots:

The Band was warned about playing during THIER own teams offensive sets.. :o They ignored and continued throughout the game.

The fireworks show! Started late during half-time and conitinued well into the 3rd QTR. They threw an INT with all the noise. FAMU's Coach Joe went nuts on the sideline.

Who let the Owls out picked a bad time for a chant!
FAMU thought it was hilarious! It did take FAMU's mind off the game as they were temporarily rescued from the beating which was occurring on the field.. :D

Great day for Football. We won!!
Back to the top

Where were you at?... I parked in a field and there was one other car tailgating... I noticed the foos for sale all over the place.. that was awsome.. but didnt see the bands at all. and how did the almuni thing go at the convention center...?
Back to the top

Where were you at?… I parked in a field and there was one other car tailgating… I noticed the foos for sale all over the place.. that was awsome.. but didnt see the bands at all. and how did the almuni thing go at the convention center…?

I didn't make the Alumni tailgate at the convention center. I parked in the parking deck on the hill and went directly to the stadium and partook in the festivites.. ;D

I sat by the band and FAU fans on the endzone sideline. I saw the FAU/"Who Let…" guy handing out Wise potato chips?!?!?!
There were two guys by us who noticed. One had on an FSU shirt (listening to the radio)and the other had on a red/orange t-shirt.

I still have some Jerk Chicken left. Brought it back in a cooler.. 8-)
Back to the top

I think that FSU guy with the radio was directly behind me. I taped the game I think every FAU fan was on the tube a few times.. I was on there about 3 times, one was a close up of me claping, lol.. That it was awsome to be on the tube... Did you notice that kid who never sat down who tried to start the "who let the owls out"? That kids a good fan.. just needs to be guided away from that chant... by any chance you dont have a mucurary marader do you? I see that car at all the games, home and away? and it was parked near us in the field that you were talking about, they parked, grabbed a beer and walked straight to the game....
Back to the top

i watched it on tv and thought the same thing. every chance we get to play local teams we should do so, especailly FAMU. i was real impressed the school, the band, and the football program.
Back to the top

Sounds like I may have gained a few pounds from the the sample of foods there - I do love to eat and sample all the goodies. ;D
Back to the top

I saw the kid leading the chant. He was really into the crowd. We can't knock that enthusiasm!
The young chanter was just to the right of us.
We walked through the gates with the two fellas I mentioned earlier. We walked to the visitors side and sat in section H- row 12 right near the isle and FAMU band.

No the Mercury wasn't me. We drove my wife's Silver Altima. Great on gas!!
I usually bring my Montero Sport to Lockhart. Great for tailgating!!

Back to the top

wasnt really impressed at all with FAMU the only good thing i could say about the school is its band and thats it otherwise just a big stinker
Back to the top

Thats cause you managed to pop the football about 5 min after we got there and wound up sitting in the back of my truck drinking for 3 hours....lol
Back to the top

So what are you saying bc? He didn't even know where he was or who was winning, until the heard the "who let the owls out"?
The band kept him awoke.. ;D

The mind is aterrible thing…. ;)
Back to the top
Control functions: