Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

stadium section names

[glow=red,2,300]can anyone think abotu a name for our press box, or south sidelines, our north sidelines, and our southeast and northeast corners of the endzones?[/glow]
Back to the top

stadium section names

Can anyone think of a name for my seat while they're at it?

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

stadium section names

Shouldn't we wait to name things until we get our own stadium, then we could have the press box presented by Too-Jay's, the sidelines presented by Boomer's, etc… sell the names to the highest bidder to pay for the stadium.
That's the only reason anything should have a name besides the team and the stadium, and regardless of what the dome will be officially named, it should be nicknamed the "Burrow."
Let's not name things in Lockhart….I don't want to get too attached…. :'( :-[
Back to the top

stadium section names

stadium section names

I dont want to turn every corner of the stadium into an advertisment... I want to get the hooters girls to some of the games... its possible but some people thought it was distastefull...? have they seen what our dance team is wearing this year.... jeans and red bras.... I say bring on the hooters girls!!!
Back to the top

stadium section names

I'm not too sure about this whole name thing. What are you after? Most stadiums don't have names for the sections other than the student section that might have some sort of name. The corporate thing seems to be the way that stadiums are going now. As for names as being part of a tradition, tradition isn't built in a day, things will develop with time. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

stadium section names

Dude, you can't force stuff like this. These kind of nicknames evolve over time… due in large part the the crowds at the games.

If the students want to turn the west endzone into the Obnoxious Owls, then they first have to fill the section every game and go from there. If the alums want the south sidelines to be the Birds Nest, then they have to initiate that themselves.

It's like trying to force tradition on people for the sake of have tradition. The best things like this are the ones that are spontaneous, because that's when people really start to care about it.

Back to the top

stadium section names

Dissagree with you there... We sell tickets.. the names of the sections are printed on the tickets.. Everything from names of sections to traditions start with an IDEA from a person.. the acceptance is what makes it last.. other wise you would have every one calling it something different....
Back to the top

stadium section names

As for names as being part of a tradition, tradition isn't built in a day, things will develop with time. GO OWLS!!!
no one ever said the names are part of tradition… The cannon fireing, the ruffling of the feathers… those are traditions… and no it wont be done in a day, it wont be done in a year.. but someone needs to get the ball rolling…
Back to the top

stadium section names

OK, then I will be the first to come out and say it… Naming the sections IS GAY!

Here are my recomendations for the section names: East endzone; West endzone; North sideline; South sideline.

Give one good example of stadiums that have pre-named their sections. I find this to be a rediculous argument… Although somewhat fitting for this board.

Back to the top

stadium section names

Ok there canadian owl.. Fordia marlins= the fish tank and power ally, Dolphins= T.D.'s Touchdown zone. There I named three using one stadium. Im sure I could find others at other stadiums… If you dont like it they dont f#%ing post. I dont think all the areas should be named just one or two sections. Do your homework before you post A$$hole
Back to the top
Control functions: