Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Drawings of the New Dome???

Just a question. Why would you want a 40K seat stadium when you guys have trouble getting fans to your home games. Maybe a 30k is good, but 40 is a little to much. It wouldn't look good to have a lot of empty seats, and 10k empty seats would show a lot. Like at NMSU are hold 30,300 but we can get almost 33k in their if its a sell out.
Back to the top

They are looking at the dome as a venue for other non-FAU related events like concerts and tractor pulls.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Just a question. Why would you want a 40K seat stadium when you guys have trouble getting fans to your home games. Maybe a 30k is good, but 40 is a little to much. It wouldn't look good to have a lot of empty seats, and 10k empty seats would show a lot. Like at NMSU are hold 30,300 but we can get almost 33k in their if its a sell out.
Not only that but were close to 15k now in only three years.. by the time the stadium is built we will have a larger fan base… do you know how hard it is to expand a dome! since were going with the dome better bigger than have to expnad it down the road.. also the concert thing is another important aspect, that should draw alot of money into the school if nothing else….. The dome is a great idea from a finacial standpoint… alot of times when there are concerts at the office depot center they sell out way to quick and the performers are often stuck an extra day to preform to keep the fans happy…. alot of people assume that were are going to use this stadium 5 times a year for home games and let it collect dust the rest of the year… Also the basketball teams have a arena.. I also have reason to believe that their thinking of building a wellness center that is pretty damn big with the new basketball stadium in it…. .. they probably just want to focus on one big project at a time…. Does anyone know how the talks went with the builders and agelios…. I know the paper said he went to tampa
Back to the top

but i also am realistic in a south florida market i'd rather have a full 20,000 stadium for atmosphere than a half full dud of a crowd.

two initials.. UM… there as south florida as it gets.. also they were in position similuar to ours not all that long ago when they were thinking of ditching the team… its funny how many people think that UM has been a powerhouse since the footballs were stuffed… NOPE… They sucked not that long ago… a mater of fact, who was that coach that got them where they are now? hmmm… one hit.. its not Coker… also with our university expanding as much as it is and is planning were going to be huge in no time…. the stadium, the new research hospital on the boca campus, and apparently a new arena for the basketball teams.. In 10 years I promise they would have a sh#t load of angry fans being turned away cause someone wanted to see a full 20,000 seat stadium… to be honest, I want to see a full 40,000 seat house… remember we dont have small 1AA programs on the scheduals anymore.. next year we open with Oklahoma state and were talking about finishing with louisville. I have a felling we will draw a croud of 30,000 in 5 years and selling out in 10
Back to the top

why would they build a new basketball arena when they'll have the dome?
Back to the top

no idea, I gues cause they relize they will never get 40,000 to a basket ball game. I think the most we have ever had was about 5,000, and since most of you are saying you rather see a small croud that fills the stand maybe there taking that viewpoint also. even if they do shrink it down for the B-ball games it would still be about 15,000 seats.
Back to the top

So now basketball is not a part of the Arena plans???
Back to the top

The problem with 40,000 is that in 10 years it may be too small. I know that is a lofty statement but time will tell. I have always liked an outdoor stadium so that the weather can be a factor. If I had a say in it, I would go for a 25,000 seat outdoor stadium that could be expanded to 50,000 or so if need be. I like what FIU has done. The stadium isn't big or extravagant but it is practical and it allows for growth. Understandably, Boca doesn't want an outdoor stadium and the dome does have its merits in terms of being a multi-purpose venue. However, I have said all along that football is an outdoor game and what better place to be outside than in South Florida. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

indoor football is just as good as outdoor it just showcases a players skill more inside because there are no outside influences like weather
Back to the top

I get your point. I also think that you can't beat the atmosphere of an outdoor game. I grew up in the midwest so I appreciate the weather. I also have spent plenty of time at FAU games in South Florida. Having said this, the best games that I have been at have been the games with some type of inclimate weather. FAU's win at BCC in a rain storm, University of Illinois vs. Penn State on a cool, rainy, October night, and NIU vs. Marshall in the snow. All great games as have been FAU and Florida games under the sun. It makes for a better environment. Just my opinion.

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: