Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Redshirt wide receivers

I wonder if coach Schnell will pull the RS from one of our Freshmen? More specifically, Frantz Simeon.

Or keep it as Parker, D. Porter-Isom and T. Pollice serving as back-up to Tellis and Taylor.
Back to the top

Redshirt wide receivers

i dont think he will pull a redshirted player because that wopuld kill one year of their eligibility
Back to the top

Redshirt wide receivers

Redshirt wide receivers

Some coaches will do it in a heart beat. I have seen it happen. FSU did it with Booker(?) a few years ago? Then they tried it with Weatherford this year for one play before he got injured and frosh Ingram was next on the block. BCC did it 3 years ago too.

Maybe coach Schnell will look at this situation differently since we can't go anywhere anyway. But the wins look good in the press and exposure
Back to the top

Redshirt wide receivers

This late in season, it is a difficult decision to make. I am sure if any other receivers go down coach will make the call. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Redshirt wide receivers

I normally don't post practice notes but the timing of this report about this reciever was uncanny!
He's going to take someone's spot next year!

Football Practice Report 11/9
Owls shake off loss and prepare for next opponent

Nov. 9, 2004

BOCA RATON, FL. - The Florida Atlantic University football team returned to practice Tuesday afternoon rejuvenated from its Monday day off. The Owls (6-2) shook off their loss from Saturday and turned their attention towards Saturday's match-up against New Mexico State (4-5). FAU worked against Aggies scout teams in situational drills before the first and second team offense worked against the first and second team defense.

Danny Embick jump-started the second team offense, finding freshman Frantz Simeon on a 25-yard streak. Simeon ran past his defender and grabbed the pass from the safety that had come over to assist in coverage. Against the NMS offensive scout team, Casey McGahee broke up half-back pass intended for Darren Coney. In wide receiver/defensive back drills, Stephen Oxley made a diving catch on his back for a touchdown.

Join FAU on Wednesday, November 10th, when the university holds its football pep rally outside of the student bookstore on the Boca Raton campus. Head coach Howard Schnellenberger and members of the football team will be in attendance with the first 1,000 fans receiving free pizza.

Interviews will be conducted between noon and 1 pm in front of the student bookstore on the Boca Raton Campus.

Back to the top

Redshirt wide receivers

I think we have enough depth at WR to save him for next year, lets see what Porter-Isom & Pollice could do.

Sometimes all you need is one guy to step-up and spark that offense & there is no doubt that Simeon will be a stud.
Back to the top

Redshirt wide receivers

I hope they leave him alone too. Imagine him with 4 full years at FAU. He's only going to get bigger and stronger!
Back to the top

Redshirt wide receivers

i say make the other players step it up to his level
Back to the top

Redshirt wide receivers

The OL doesn't need a great game on Sat., we just need to execute better when the chances are there.

Without any last minute surprises like last week, they are a few players dying to have that chance to show what they can do - I expect them to do just that on Sat.

I have a feeling that the defense will have a solid preformance and put enough pressure on NMSU to create some turnovers & points.
Back to the top
Control functions: