Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Jared Allen as NFL prospect

I just took a look at a guide to NFL prospects. I believe it was from The Sporting News. Allen was listed as the only FAU player and they had some very nice things to say about him. It said that he is projected to be a solid back-up. Not bad considering the short history of FAU. Hopefully he will get a legitimate shot at the next level. Any thoughts? GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Hmmmm..solid backup like in perinnial backup? I can see him struggling at first to get on and then learning somebody's system. I say his relationship with coach Schnell will open afew doors too.

The kid has heart and he's a smart player on the field. His having a great attitude to work with will go a long way in the league.

Back to the top

I don't know if solid back-up means perennial back-up. It is better than if it had said he was a long shot to make a roster or would only make it into camp. As we all know, it only takes one play for a back-up to become a starter. It is somewhat of a mixed message, but lets take it as positive. Allen in the NFL would be good for FAU and for him. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

I think it's very positive! Brian Pare getting that shot with the Bears, is still a good thing.

Hey, Rex Grossman is still in the league… ;D
Back to the top

Comparing what I read about Allen and what I read about Rix, Allen had much higher reviews. While Rix has struggled and many people think he is a bumb, he has played in huge games and has always been given a lot of hype. He also is a better natural athlete. However, the intangibles go to Allen and the comments made about him were entirely better than those made about Rix.

Back to the top

That's my point exactly! Jared will be OK.
Back to the top

Hey, if Danny Wuerffel can start in the NFL, Jared Allen has a great shot at a pro career.

By the way, Rex Gossman will prove to be a better quarterback than most people think. The Dolphins would kill to have him right now - even with his broken leg. ;D

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

I should have gotten his signiture when I was in his war and peace class last spring… dang it!

I think Allen will do well in the NFL.. he's got a cannon of an arm. I wish him all the luck in the world. Maybe we can all ask him for charitable donations when he makes his millions!
Back to the top

After seeing who the Dolphins are paying millions for at quarterback, he certainly can't do any worse!
Back to the top
Control functions: