Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU is on NBC!!

FIU is on NBC!!

First off, I was a little upset that FIU got some good local TV exposure while playing at home. But at the end of the 3rd its Georgia Southern golden eagles leading 39-25. Go Eagles!! (I have family in Statesboro) ;D
Back to the top

FIU is on NBC!!

Maybe some of the FIU fans that read here can respond….was the attendance at the Georgia Southern game really 5,000? That was the announced #, which sounds a little funny. One because it is 5,000 on the nose and two because of how low it is. I know the game started at a real early time, but that is awful. Not trying to make fun or anything because FAU had some awful numbers last season early on ( i remember one game at about 4,000). Just interested to find out what the case really was.
Back to the top

FIU is on NBC!!

Well, I'm not too much into crowd estimation, since it is (particularly for us die hard fans) kind of demoralizing to do so. However, the 5k figure seems to me to be about right…..It's not funny, it's real awful what the attendance figures are. I don't know what to think anymore. However, last season we had games with 3500 and 4506 reported, so it's nothing new, yet persistently negative.

BTW, last season you had reported as FAU crowds officially 4 of 6 home games with less than 5000 attendance, not counting the semifinal game against Colgate, not just one game.
Back to the top

FIU is on NBC!!

I know some FAU students that went to FIU's game yesterday…
Back to the top

FIU is on NBC!!

FIUFanatic, I really didnt mean anything disrepectful…I know that FAU's attendance last year was pitiful and not up to expectations this year. I was just surprised at the attendance number given yesterday. I went to a couple of FIU games last year and had a great time. I really wish you guys nothing but success, except dec. 4 of course ;D.
Back to the top

FIU is on NBC!!

It's so demoralizing to make some sacrifices and attend my alma mater's games, yet to have only 5000 at a game against Georgia Southern it's…you know, disappointing….Oh well….I guess a couple of wins by our team could cheer me up at least a little…..
Back to the top

FIU is on NBC!!

I'm sorry to hear about your attendance. When I saw the game, Georgia Southern had just went up by 2 touchdowns, and I thought that people had just left the game early. Hopefully the attendance issues will be put to rest by the NCAA this year, if not we both might need to sell some "home games" to the highest bidder.
Back to the top

FIU is on NBC!!

Seems that way. Also, Miamians/South Floridians love winners and abandon losers.....we need, at some point, to show our improvement in terms of wins and losses, so that the many casual fans in our area could see FIU Football as a viable alternative.......
Back to the top

FIU is on NBC!!

I have a feeling if we dont win at home were going to have the same problem as FIU... I dont care how many games you win away, if you dont put on a show at home no one will come.. I was getting bored last game.. there was absolutly NOTHING to cheer about.. even the touchdown was nothing to exciting.. even long pass, complete or not raises the fans cheering.. we need bynes back for a couple of bombs..
Back to the top
Control functions: