Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Down to Three

We are 6-3 with three games left - All homes games.

Even though we have lost our first two home games of the season, all hopes should not be lost. It could very well be the break we need to help finish the season on a high note.

Remember that before the season started, we felt that a 7-5 or a 8-4 season would result in a successful season. So, in fact we are doing ok, so far.

I will admit that with the great start we had a better finish was invisioned and I was lost for words to explain what had unfolded during the game.

Here are my thoughts - We are still basically a D-1AA team in transition, I don't mean to repeat this, but only to remind you that we are a D-1AA team. We have played some great football to earn some nice victories, but I wonder if after playing 6-games at the D-1A level it may just have taken a toll on this team - playing team that are bigger and with more depth, does take it's toll over time, unlike playing one game at the D-1A level. To do so game in game out does represent a large task for a smaller team. Wear and tear of playing at that level without the depth, I beleive started to show as the season prolonged.

It will take a few years to build that depth that is required to compete at the D-1A level on a weekly basis.

So, lets not despair, but remain hopefull - this team has plenty of heart and fire left to give us Owls fans something to Hoot about.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Down to Three

Down to Three

Could we switch them to road games?!? Watching these two home games has been pretty depressing.

I think we should bounce back and win these next three though, then we finish 9-3. With our only loses coming against full 1-A teams.

Back to the top

Down to Three

I hope so…. EWC and FIU we will win.. I dont know that much about ISU. We will have bynes back so lets look for those big plays that get the fans into the game. seems like there's more noise at the bars during the away games. Also is there any word on the lineman there were out
Back to the top

Down to Three

if we want those home wins we need to get our attendance up
Back to the top

Down to Three

Bytor, I agree. It does take a toll on you . We are still an undersized D1-A team in transition. We as fans must not forget that. I know it's very frustrating with the losses. We have more than held our own in the wins and at least two of the losses. ULM and Troy(although the score says otherwise). To put things in perspective, we cannot afford to lose players like the D1-A teams. We don't have the depth to replace losing anyone, especially on the offensive line. Some D1-A teams have second teamers who can start for some D1-AA teams. That's just a fact about recruiting depths in college ball.

The wear and tear of our smaller players versus the standard D1-A players will take it's toll as the season wears on. That's also what brings on injuries like ours. It will take a couple of years for the 300+ linemen to have an effect with this team and hopefully they will start to come next year.

According to most, we have overachieved, but these guys have fought like warriors to get to this point from what they've started 4 years ago.

Back to the top

Down to Three

I'll say, I was over at the NMSU sidelines at the end of the game (one of my friends and a FAU alum works in their athletic dept)….some of their lineman were HUGE, and I don't mean tall or muscular. They were just HUGE!! They had some of the biggest bellys I have seen on some players. Maybe in a few years we will have the good lineman triad of athleticism, height, and weight. :)
Back to the top

Down to Three

They were just HUGE!! They had some of the biggest bellys I have seen on some players.

Sooo true.. :o ;D They were a large group of linemen!
Back to the top

Down to Three

You should of seen last years and years before O-line for the Aggies. Last year are starters average height was 6-2, and 350. This year one of our all american OG is 6-1 370. We got some fat guys on the team. Hey you guys have a great team, good luck in the future. Right now the Aggies is just hot, and that defense is just kicking ass now. That is 11 turnovers in the past three games. I wish we were playing this kind of ball all year long. Good Luck in the Sunbelt next season.
Back to the top

Down to Three

Thanks nmsuaggies. You guys have a good team. Good luck in the WAC.

BTW, Buck is a good one! That little RB is a tough one too. He reminds me of the RB from Hawaii, Chad Owens. Full speed every time he touches the ball!
Back to the top

Down to Three

Yeah he didn't play good in the start of the season, and I think that was because he wasn't suppose to start. He came in as the number two running back, but than the starting RB got suspended from the team a few days before the start of the season. He is a good one, and if he gets his carries he will run over 100 yards. I think he only has 13 carries for 60 yards against you guys. Dombrowski who cought that first touchdown from Buck is our second string QB. He is very good. He could throw, run, and catch, but really all three of our QB can do that. The aggies are just playing great ball, and I have never seen the Aggies play this great at the end of the season ever. We would always lose games at the end of the season, and now we have a chance to go out with a four-game winning streak. Wish we could go to a bowl game, but the streak will keep going 44 years was the last time NMSU went to a bowl game.
Back to the top
Control functions: