Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sideline Scenery from NMSU game

1-The Stranahan High School band did an excellent job! Their Dragon(?) can teach our Owl a thing or two about dancing.. ;) Has anybody ever seen our Owl cut a dance step? Even if he's just joking around?

2-The Dance Team did Ok with Destiny's Child's new one. They didn't have the fishnet shirts on yesterday!

3-The cannon is still suprising to a lot of people. A lot of us jumped when it fired. Good job bcmatzen

4-The "Who let the owls out" guys met their match yesterday! A fan started chanting something different(imagine that)and we all kept it going! Loud and Funny! The "Who let…guys/fans, started to stare and refused to participate. They started their own when the "new one" was finished. It turned into a chant off but they got some boos after awhile. Then they just sat quietly for a long time.
Next week's game should be interesting. The fan said she will be back!!!

The chant was from the movie Drumline.
Ohhhhh! Let's Go! Let's Go!

5- Talking with some recruits after the game brought some positive remarks. Fortunately some had already seen us on TV and realize that we had some player issues for this game. The loss didn't faze their enthusiasm. A few were All State/County players who would love to play close to home.
Back to the top

Tell them to come back to the Edward Waters game....should look much better for our team ;).
Back to the top

There was one guy who was a 6'4 215 safety! We may lose him to NC State.. Family in North Carolina. >:(

I saw a linemen talking to Stetson Wilson, who was staring him in the eyes! Stetson is about 6'7!! He's probably USF.. ???

I think we need to leave the "FAU Territory" per Coach Schnell, and get some beef brothers from the Mid West. Most of our/Fla beefy guys sign with the Big 3 or leave the state.
Back to the top

Speaking of sideline scenery, you should have seen the yellow shirts (security) trying to confiscate my cow bell. Read the back of your ticket. No noise making devices allowed. I can understand prohibiting air horns and certainly whistles, but cow bells! Perhaps they should have grabbed everyones thunder sticks. How about taping our hands together so we can't applaud though there was little to applaud this weekend.
Back to the top

1-The Stranahan High School band did an excellent job! Their Dragon(?) can teach our Owl a thing or two about dancing.. Has anybody ever seen our Owl cut a dance step? Even if he's just joking around?
 Thank you OG, more fuel for our fire.. were trying to get OMGERIC in the owl costume since he can dance, also being an ex gymnast he can do back flips but the cheerleading coach we tried to get eric with the owl on in the tailgate area but cheerleaders wouldnt let him, which for the life of my I couldnt understand considering the other owl showed up over 2 hours after us.
Back to the top

I don't know what her reasonings are as far as her decisions. Insurance? Sideline headcount? NCAA regulations? I don't have a clue.

The Owl from the 1st season was a little more outgoing. He used to breakdance and danced with the dance team.
However the existing person need to get more involved with the crowd. Keep them interested even if things are not going well on the field. I saw him wave off several kids and adults throughout the day. Maybe he was having a bad day/month/year.. ;)

He was great at FAMU. He clowned around all day!
Back to the top

insurance isnt an issue i am employed by the unuiversity and there are no ncaa rules against it she just feels we are taking her power away and she dosnt want that haha
Back to the top

About the recruits:

One game shouldn't define the success of a team - even the good ones have these embarassing losses, Gator not to long ago!!

Hopefully it encourages them more - eyeing playing time as a possible motivation. This team will get much younger next year and we could very well see a lot of rotations on both side of the ball with a lot of players getting playing time.

Do I hear a beat - [glow=red,2,300]Ohhhhh! Let's Go! Let's Go![/glow] OWLs!!

"Who let the :-X

Now, I don't see much difference in the cow bell & the thunder sticks, other then they where given away at the game - I rather like >:( the empty seat next to me to make noise

Back to the top

we need to kidnapp a bunch of people and drag them through the gates
Back to the top

Maybe Brogan can talk to a warden and let some inmates have a little R&R - Talk about a rowndy crowd that would make :o

;D
Back to the top
Control functions: