Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU fans know the game of football.

We are the only (D1A/Trans) team in Florida which hasn't called for our coach's head this year or in the past! Looking at the other schools from around the state. Some of the fans are asking for changes.

UM there were talk after the two losses that Coker had lost control of the team.

FSU wanted OC Bowden's head after the UM loss up till two games ago.

UF got Zook and company fired.

UCF-O'Leary has worn out his welcome in the FIRST yerar!!

FIU is after Strock and the boys.

USF talked about Levitt before the army game and until the East Carolina win.

2001 @ 4-6 we understood the new team's struggles.
2002 @ 2-9 we understood the upscale schedule.
2003 @ 11-3! No complaints there either.
2004- GREAT start and now we all see that the injuries and lost players (5 starters total)played a MAJOR role in the losses. We have a good product on the field. Our depth chart is our main concern. That will be addressed. The home wins will come!

Keep looking up FAU fans!! We can see the big picture. 8-)
Back to the top

Great Post. Very true. I wouldn't mind seeing a little more "fire" on the sidelines but I know that isn't Coach S's style.
Back to the top

Speaking of calling for a coaches head. Look at the first post on ISU's message board. I get a strange feeling that they don't like their coach. ;)
Back to the top

I don't see FAU fans calling for Schnellenberger's head anytime in the near future. If FAU continues to make the strides they have been making, Schnellenberger will be here for a long time. The difference between FAU and the other programs that you mentioned is that the others (apart from FIU and USF) are established programs. O'Leary was supposed to be UCF's savior, Zook had to follow a legend, UM has been dominant for years, and FSU has been one of the best in the nation for quite some time. There is less room for error in those kinds of programs. UF, UM, and FSU expect to compete for a national title every year. They are not building a program. UCF has seen success and they have slipped. USF has also been more successful in years past and instead of building on that success they have taken a step in the wrong direction by not being as competetive as years past. FAU has time to improve and will take some lumps at times due to scheduling. Next year will tell us a lot when we open against Oklahoma State.

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Even with the scheduling that will unfold in the next few years, I don't foresee Coaches job in jeopady - he will retire we he is ready. The fans, I should say the true fans, will expect the record to be reflective of that and will be looking at that big grandeous picture the Coach has painted for us. Even if he fall short of that dream, Owl fans will love him for as long as we have a football program at FAU - for he was the pioneer, the wise old owl.

Back to the top

I completely agree. That is why I think it is a little absurd to mention our team while referencing the problems of other programs. Schnellenberger will be here for as long as he wants and fans who know his hsitory will support him no matter what the future holds. He is a living legend in the world of college football and this is his last dance so he is going to give it his all and do everything in his power to build this program to a championship level within the next 4 to 5 years. Given what he has done thus far, we have every reason to expect great things from this team and this coaching staff. FAU will be on the national radar in a big way in the upcoming years. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

I agree owlfan1. We are not comparable to the more established programs via my examples. If I bordered on adsurdity in giving PROPS to the FAU fans then maybe I should have said it another way.
But I still think we/FANS like and understand the process of building a major program.

Props to the fans is my point.
Back to the top

The fans of FAU definitely deserve big props. Although we are few in number we do know the game and what it entails. Not knocking your comment O.G., just a little unsure about the coaching situation comparison. However, one comparison that can be made is that we are having a great deal of success while other Florida teams are struggling. We are doing it with fewer scholarships, fewer (if any) elite recruits, and less fan support. That speaks volumes about the state of the programs. If more fans will get behind FAU, this program will really soar. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top
Control functions: