Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU vs. Illinois State

There was lots of talk about FAU/NMSU game, where is the talk about Illinois State? Seems as though everyone is a little down. This will be a big game. We need to win this game in order to have a shot at a nine win season. Any thoughts?

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

FAU vs. Illinois State

This game will test our running game and pass defense. ISU has a top notch linebacker with size and speed (6-1 240, 4.4 speed). He makes plays all over the field. While they have been physical against the run, they have given up big plays through the air. Hopefully FAU's pass game will be clicking.

Offensively, ISU does a good job of spreading the ball around and making big plays with the pass. They have had a tough run this season playing in the Gateway conference, one of the top 1-AA conferences. They should have something to prove as they have lots of players from South Florida who will be returning home looking to put on a show.

Early prediction FAU 35-17 GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

FAU vs. Illinois State

we need to goto the air more we rely to much on our running
Back to the top

FAU vs. Illinois State

This is a game that looks a lot different since the Sept. 25th game - yet both teams seems to be in a similiar position.

At the time of Sept. 25th both teams where hot, going into Saturdays match-up both teams are down a little.

IMO, being at home this weekend will be an edge for us, regardless of our recent struggles at home - the Redbirds seem to have a hard time on the road.

The defense was just embarassed, oops the hole team was, at home - so I look for a little extra motivation to play into the equation.

The offense and OL will have another week to work out the bugs - the question will be can they get any rhythm going, if not then the oppossing Defense will continue to send the house till we can prove we can stop them or at least slow it down long enough to get anything going. Execution will be key on offense. Running the ball will be important as well, a balance attack seems to be what makes this offense work the best.

Defensively I expect them to rebound with a strong effort and keep ISU offense in check.
Back to the top

FAU vs. Illinois State

Both teams are down right now, but FAU still has to be a pretty big favorite due to speed and experience. ISU has more size than FAU and comes from a smash 'em up run conference that thrives on power football. If FAU can keep the defense off of the field and keep the field short by making big gains on first and second down, the game will be in FAU's favor. I don't expect FAU to have a big game on the ground. ISU played great defense against Southern Illinois and really shut down the run and SIU's triple-headed monster in the backfield including Auburn transfer at RB Brandon Jacobs 6'4" 260lbs. Unless Parker can get outside and turn the corner, it will be a long day running the ball. Look for FAU to rely on the passing game and utilize their speed. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

FAU vs. Illinois State

ISU is a D1-AA team and hopefully we have the same kind of depth as they have. Maybe their starters aren't that much further along than our subs.. :-/
You're right, Our O-Line will have the extra week together.
The defense cannot afford to stay on the field as long as they did last week.

Maybe FAU will go early shotgun to give Jared a little more time in the pocket. We need some points.

Just a thought!
Back to the top

FAU vs. Illinois State

Have have a feeling that there will be alot more excitment this game. Bynes is back so expect some big plays deep to him.. that will get the croud into it. I predict we will end the season with a 3-0 streak and head into next year vs. Oklahoma State with a winning streak.
Back to the top

FAU vs. Illinois State

FAU vs. Illinois State

Here's a question: Will Allen finish the game under center? It's been what three games that Allen hardly played in the 4th quarter.
Back to the top

FAU vs. Illinois State

This game will test our running game and pass defense. ISU has a top notch linebacker with size and speed (6-1 240, 4.4 speed). He makes plays all over the field. While they have been physical against the run, they have given up big plays through the air. Hopefully FAU's pass game will be clicking.

Offensively, ISU does a good job of spreading the ball around and making big plays with the pass. They have had a tough run this season playing in the Gateway conference, one of the top 1-AA conferences. They should have something to prove as they have lots of players from South Florida who will be returning home looking to put on a show.

Early prediction FAU 35-17 GO OWLS!!!

I dont know about scoring 35 points though.. I know Bynes will be back, but ACH is still somewhere else. I still think the Owls will win but I doubt they will score 35 points.. We'll have to see how long Allen has to throw the ball and how many holes Parker will have to run through..

FAU 17-10
Back to the top

FAU vs. Illinois State

FAU really should put up 35 points. ISU has a very solid run defense but they have a week pass defense. Southern Illinois, a power running team, put up 41 on ISU with three touchdowns thru the air. If Allen has time, our speed on the outside should work to our advantage. I don't however expect 100 yards rushing from our offense. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top
Control functions: