Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Nike Contract...

this board was hopin when we were playing NMSU now it seemed to die. O-well…. did anyone read about the new Nike contract with FAU in the sun-sentinal .. a 3 year deal where we can purchase Nike equipment at wholesale with 10% back and 100 pairs of shoes. They estimate we will spend up to $500,000 a year on equipment. Does anyone think that we should have tried a better deal with say russle or addidas. They say were paying Nike for there stuff because we want to be associated with there name. Other schools such as UM are paid by nike to use there stuff, hopefully or day of freebee's will come soon.
Back to the top

Nike Contract...

Nike Contract...

Having a Nike contract is a big deal and will help recruiting believe it or not. People do notice that NIKE symbol and the implied association that it means.

NIKE is more then a name - it carries a lot of weight.

If we continue making noises at the national level, wheter it baseball, basketball, football these contract will improve as FAU improve - it's all about national recongition.

I'm wondering how this will affect merchandizing - because this department needs a major boost. The stuff we now have sucks - I have no interest in buying
any of it, which is not good. They need merchandize that people want. The best stuff we had was the very first year and then nothing ???

Back to the top

Nike Contract...

The Nike contract is a good deal for us. As far as the merchandise, it is terrible. I ordered a pair of mesh shorts from the official on-line store. In the picture the shorts are Adidas and they look pretty good. They sent me some crappy Russell shorts with the FAU logo apparently painted on by some blind guy using a stencil. They don't even produce the merchandise until it is ordered. At the time the order is made, shirts are screenprinted and shorts have logos painted on them. Its pretty sad.

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Nike Contract...

I hope you called them... they cant be doing that stuff, it degrades the whole program, and if those are the shorts that Im thinking about they werent cheap.
Back to the top

Nike Contract...

A couple of the offerings they have at the games are decent but the funny part is they don't even sell most of it at the "Official Store".
Back to the top

Nike Contract...

I wanted to buy at hat at the last game, found the "winged FAU" logo on a dark hat, that was one-size fits all (my a$$$) I almost got a headache from wearing it for just a few seconds. Not cool.
One of the good things is being able to buy a jersey with any number and your name on it. I can't find any site that it is possible to do that for the hurricanes.
Back to the top

Nike Contract...

where can we buy those jerseys? Also I found the best place to buy FAU stuff is the actual school store on the campus
Back to the top

Nike Contract...

Here's a link for the jersey orders.
Its right off of the fauports.com site.

http://store.fansonly.com/marketplace/store_contents.cfm?cart_id=125543499010011551523946620042211&store_id=62&dept_ id=3179&product_id=53508
Back to the top
Control functions: