Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

A good time for a W

If there was a time that we need a win, it now.

For many reasons:

1) Confidence - this team is down on both sides, offense especially

2) Momentum - we need to win our next three games to help build something for next year.

3) Attendance - this is almost an obscene word anymore, I frown at the thought of the word.

This is a game we should be able to win, but we can't be overlooking this opponent or another loss will be eminate. If the offense gets that swagger back then us fans will have something to cheers about and BC will give the cannon the best workout yet ;D

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

A good time for a W

I think the number 1 thing is attendance right now.. We have a great coaching staff that won't let our players be laxed and without confidence.. they are going to come out and play..

I just want more people to be there. Right now, that's our biggest nemesis. Confidence and momentum will come… will the fans come?
Back to the top

A good time for a W

A good time for a W

The season has such a different feel to it then last year - the momentum last year was done on our home turf and the fans were able to be part of the excitement, this year it was all done on the road and the fans didn't really get to be part of it as much.

The way we lost to NMSU last week was devastating for attendance. IMO, we needed to be perfect at home to have a chance to reach the 15,000 avg. per game this year.

So, it is disappointing in one sense, yet the average is still much higher then last years. We have something to build on for next year. The big question will be able to increase the attendance by the same growth margin we obtain this year - that means near capacity crowds for next year!!

I am hoping that the NCAA will look at the attendance issue seriously - maybe with the national attention we have generated earlier and being a new and up and coming program they will see how rediculous the mandate of 15,000 is, especially for a program like FAU that needs time to grow. Heck there well established programs struggling with the same issues we are.
Back to the top

A good time for a W

The season has such a different feel to it then last year - the momentum last year was done on our home turf and the fans were able to be part of the excitement, this year it was all done on the road and the fans didn't really get to be part of it as much.

The way we lost to NMSU last week was devastating for attendance. IMO, we needed to be perfect at home to have a chance to reach the 15,000 avg. per game this year.

So, it is disappointing in one sense, yet the average is still much higher then last years. We have something to build on for next year. The big question will be able to increase the attendance by the same growth margin we obtain this year - that means near capacity crowds for next year!!

I am hoping that the NCAA will look at the attendance issue seriously - maybe with the national attention we have generated earlier and being a new and up and coming program they will see how rediculous the mandate of 15,000 is, especially for a program like FAU that needs time to grow. Heck there well established programs struggling with the same issues we are.

I personally don't think that the attendance rule will be in effect much longer, but that is besides the point. I know people will look at a 10,000 per game average this year and be disappointed, but i'd look at it as a nice step forward. It's very, very tough to go from 5,000 a game to 15,000 in one year. It just isn't likely to happen, especially when you have teams like Illinois State and Edward Waters on the schedule. Nothing against those teams, but they aren't drawing anyone to the games.

I'm also not concerned about attendance much this year because i'm much more optimistic about reaching the 15,000 number next year. We'll have Oklahoma State, which should be an easy 20,000, probably much more. Also, we have FAMU (at least another 15,000-20,000) and a complete Sun Belt home schedule and the chance to win something.

One area that must improve is student attendence. Student turnout was great for the home opener, but has gone down hill since. I don't know if it is lack of advertising on campus, or what, but they have to find a way to get students out to the games. Getting students through the gates should be the easy part. It is something that they must focus on doing. The admission is free. If nothing else, that endzone should be full every game.
Back to the top

A good time for a W

Walking through the breezway handing out fliers to the game a number of students said they wouldnt come back until they start winning again...... It sucks to see how many fair weather fans we have. on the brighter side we had alittle of 8,000 at the game, I think thats the smallest croud well have from here on out. All the fans that turned out for yesterdays game were the true fans.
Back to the top

A good time for a W

That what takes a long time to build - the fan base that will support a team no matter what. Our average is still 100% better then last year, so things aren't all bad.
Back to the top

A good time for a W

boom boom goes my cannon after another huge win lol
Back to the top

A good time for a W

I just read on fausports.com, that all students regardless of age or school affiliation with a valid ID get into the game for free at Gate B.

If we can inform some of the schools that don't have football teams in the area (BCC, PBCC, Barry, Nova, ect..) that could help attendance.
Back to the top

A good time for a W

Any students of any school affiliation attend for FREE - Brilliant ;D

Back to the top
Control functions: