Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Careful what you WISH for

I know I was excited for a chance to see many of our future players play today, but not like this.

Could this be a blessing in disguise? The second teamers get a chance to prove that they don't need a lead to preform and cary this team, is this too much to ask from them. The biggest concern will be an OL that was already banged up, gets even younger, inviting the Tigers to blitz till we can prove we can stop them - they have nothing to lose by taking chances today.

I like the fact that our young Owls will approach the game a little differently then in the past - some are starter for the first time and should allow them to bring a higher level of energy and prepareness to the game.

How will they handle this pressure knowing that the result of the game falls on thier shoulders and how effective will the seniors be when they finally play (one or two series) in the second quarter.

The Tigers now have extra motivation to prove that we should have showed them more respect. Again they have nothing to lose by taking chances and playing loose and aggressive - they are a team that knows how to win and can make things happens to win games.
The last thing we need is to give them confidence early in the game.

Our defense even with our second teamers in should be able to handle thier offensive attack.

On offense, we should be ok, the OL should be able to handle the chanllenge and we have enough good athletes to make up for lack of depth today.

Parker just hurt his chance of getting his 1,000 yard for the season >:(
Back to the top

I'm not too worried about the second stringers. I think they'll be just fine. Even our second stringers are on scholarship while Edward Waters first teamers are not.

Worse case scenario however is that we loose. Does this game even mean anything? Nope.. I just gives out second teamers more playing time in a real game situation. To me, I view this as a win-win situation.

I don't think we'll loose, and I still believe that this is going to be a blowout game, but even if it isn't… there is nothing to loose thats significant. I think that's what Howard is thinking… that and proper dicipline.
Back to the top

I think its hysterical, they tried to pull a joke on coach and he gets the last laugh, plus a real reason to play the back-ups at the start of the game. Win-win situation. ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: