Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Shula Bowl 2004

We have been waiting for this week all season. Although it won't mean much in the grand scheme of things, bragging rights are important.

FIU handled FAMU in a pretty impressive win although the defense was a bit suspect. Hopefully FAU can put some big points up and come away with a win and a great fan turnout.

Any thoughts on how the running game can be improved?

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Shula Bowl 2004

I know it's not always relevant to compare common opponents but this is very interesting. FAMU rushed pretty good but their passing game was AMAZING vs FIU.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/scores/final/boxscore.aspx?GAMEID=7935
Back to the top

Shula Bowl 2004

Any thoughts on how the running game can be improved?

GO OWLS!!!

Don't let Parker eat any more turkey this week ;)
He looked slow and not explosive at all yesterday.

I am glad to see Sanchez have a nice day running and catching the ball.

And what happen to AJ, no action on special teams or offense ??

The key is always how the OL will preform. Maybe we can try and use the speed of FIU agaisnt them, teams have done it agaisnt us and can be very effective and open up various plays for both running and the passing game.
Back to the top

Shula Bowl 2004

Shula Bowl 2004

Greetings Owl Faithful,

I'm an FAU alum, c/o 94. Love the site, I stumbled onto it today after a few years of disgust with fausports.com.

I only wish I'd found this site sooner.

So, tell me guys. Is FIU really public enemy #1 down there these days? Who do you think is going to be the #1 rival in the years to come?

I am willing to bet that MTSU just hates us. I remember last year they considered the loss "the worst in school history." Wonder how they feel now?

Let's kick a little FIU tail this weekend. Once again, thanks for the site. I just love it.
Back to the top

Shula Bowl 2004

Greetings Owl Faithful,

I'm an FAU alum, c/o 94. Love the site, I stumbled onto it today after a few years of disgust with fausports.com.

I only wish I'd found this site sooner.

So, tell me guys. Is FIU really public enemy #1 down there these days? Who do you think is going to be the #1 rival in the years to come?

I am willing to bet that MTSU just hates us. I remember last year they considered the loss "the worst in school history." Wonder how they feel now?

Let's kick a little FIU tail this weekend. Once again, thanks for the site. I just love it.

Welcome!

As for FIU, I would say that they are our biggest rival. Right now, at least from the fans prospective, its more of a friendly rivalry, with both teams being in the same situation. I'm sure it will heat up, though, with both teams being in the same conference for football next year, and then for the rest of the sports the following year.

Should be a fun game on Saturday, hope you can make it out to the Pro…and bring a few (or a hundred) friends! ;D
Back to the top

Shula Bowl 2004

As for FIU, I would say that they are our biggest rival. Right now, at least from the fans prospective, its more of a friendly rivalry, with both teams being in the same situation. I'm sure it will heat up, though, with both teams being in the same conference for football next year, and then for the rest of the sports the following year.

I agree with that. FAU/FIU are joined at the hip in a few situations. I also think the MTSU games will be very intense. To beat them AGAIN after the first "worst loss", definitely has potential for a long lasting relationship.. ;)
We can have an out-of-state rivalry too.
Back to the top

Shula Bowl 2004

Welcome aboard Big Vinny. I believe that we need to start a tradition on here for New members. You have to buy us a round. I'll take a Jack and Coke please. ;D
Back to the top

Shula Bowl 2004

I'll take a Pabst Blue Ribbon with a Lemon twist.. ;D
Back to the top

Shula Bowl 2004

Bass Ale for me!!! :D
Back to the top

Shula Bowl 2004

Crown Royal straight up for me ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: