Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BAD NEWS...FAU ON MTV.COM!!!!!!!

Back to the top

The problem is who booked them in the 1st place? Does that person have the final say or not? The university have every right to schedule whomever they want to play at the concert. But to make the contract and THEN look into the act/group itself is embarrassing!
One hand don't know what the other hand is doing. AGAIN.

We just went through this with Corvette Gate.. :-[
Back to the top

Its not all that bad, doesn't look too good, but not many people who don't already follow the team know anything about this. Plus I'm sure the cancellation has kept those politicians who can approve an on-campus happy. Got to play the political game. :P
Back to the top

I maybe getting a tad bit older but I don't think we have too many fans on mtv.com and the few we do I don't think they really care about kurt loder's opinion on tweedle d and tweedle dumb.
Back to the top

jdirico…your wrong MTV is very popular with the college population….they show MTV in FAU's cafeteria…also the story was featured on MTV news which runs every 30 min on MTV. jujst shows how dumb the whole situation is.
Back to the top

I agree it could have been handled differently. But the fact is that the students who needed ying yang to entice them to the game aren't really interested in football anyway.
I can't see Jane and John talking about how disappointed they are in FAU and they won't be going to the game because the twins aren't there.
Any type of promotion to get the students out would have been great. This one fell flat with the non-football folks.

My guess. The true football students will see the BIGGER intent and come out anyway.
Back to the top

I could have caredless about the Ying Yand Twins, but I still think FAU pulled the pull way to early on this. Especially since a contract had just been signed and if the person responsible ( The AD adppears to be the ONE) had done his homework this could have been avoided. But that was not the case, so why let a certain group have all this power in deciding what I can listen to - I would have rather have the choice at the time to make my own decision as to was is offesnive to me, because I could careless what this group has to say about what they think is offensive.

FAU but themselves in a bad situation and handled it just as bad - they got egg on their face either way.

From the people I have talked to, FAU still had a chance to pull the pulg during the preformance is they decided at the time the show was not appropriate.

Again the show was geared toward Students, FAU should have waited till today before making any decisions - just think what the fuss and a little controversy could have done - it could have generated more interest in that show and the 37,000 would have been chump change.

Back to the top
Control functions: