Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

THANK YOU TO THE SENIORS.

I'd personally like to thank each and every one of you for your unselfish attitudes about playing football for FAU. Your courage as 17/18 year old college students are uncomparable. Traveling and playing in hostile stadiums in front of fans who never understood that some of you were playing high school football 3 months back. You guys could have gone to a lot of different schools but you chose to come to FAU. Some of you even transferred from other schools to play for FAU. You knew that it would be some very early and painful losses during your years at FAU. But you came and help put this new program together. Now you have laid the groundwork for future players who want to play Football in Paridise. However your accomplishments will NEVER be matched. You were the first! Your first steps cannot be repeated. There are no "do-overs." This is it.
The followers can be proud to say that they were next in line at FAU.

So thank you for you dedication and hard work. Your sacrifices and pain to achieve your goal of playing college football, has been rewarded.

This fan is eternally grateful.

GO OWLS!

Back to the top

Awesome post! So True. And may they all have fulfilling and rewarding futures so they can come back and continue to support the program ;D
Back to the top

Thanks. I personally know two who have a job in the area and will be there every game.

Back to the top

I think it took a great amount of courage to come here and start a program. These guys where recruited on a vision & a dream of what could be. There was no Oxley center to use as a recruiting tool, just a bunch of empty fields. The coach used an office that had room for a desk an a couple of chairs to lore donors to rally behind this very dream. Maybe his barritone voice was intimidating enough to intice a few.

It still blows my mind that these very seniors, had enough strenght and confidence in themselves to leap, because that is what they did, a leap of faith and hope to follow this vision forward. They took hold onto a glisp of pure uncertainty - if you where to invest your money for the future, this would not have been a safe investment, this would be called a very volitile and unsafe investment into unknow return if any.

Yet, all they had was the reputation of this legendary coach telling them of this grand vision. To me this tell me something about these kids and what they have showned me since the very beggining, yes it started with, Slippery Rock. They showed me heart and that fighting spirit needed to succeed in live, not only on the football field.

They have grown this program to where anything is possible, they made it possible for the schedule we will face next year. As young men they have grown yet made some mistakes along the way, yet they have done nothing but take a ride in life.

They where able to fulfill a dream of playing football and provide themselve with the accoplishment of starting something no one else dared to do - kudos to them all and I for one wish them well in all their future endevors.

Here is to the Originals Owls, the one that made it all possible for us to be able to enjoy football here at FAU for many more years to come.

My blessings and love for these brave young men.

Go Owls!!

Back to the top

A big thank you is definitely due to the seniors. The guys that stuck with it have done a great job. Anyone remember the first media guide with the initial signing class on the cover? How many of those guys stuck with it? Not too many. Those who did are the cornerstones of a great program. Hats off to all of them. They deserve nothing but the best for their effort and commitment. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

A big thank you is due to the seniors. We shouldn't stop there with our gradatude, all players that choose to come to FAU took a chance and so far I think it has paid off. Embick is a prime example, left West Virgina to be an Owl.
Back to the top

Take it from an old alum. We are so grateful for the hard work you guys put in to building this team.

You not only built a team, you built a winner.

To be able to sit back and watch my alma mater play football on television has been a true pleasure. To watch you guys winning games has been a tremendous bonus.

You have left quite a legacy for future teams, and you've left some pretty big cleats to fill.

THANK YOU SENIORS
Back to the top

The four years have been great. My wife and I were fortunate enough to stay at the team hotel in Boca frequently in the early seasons. We always were impressed with the politeness of the young men when we saw them in the elevators, lobby and so forth.

Now, having moved away from Florida, we listen to the games via the internet here in the shadows of Pikes Peak.

It's a wonderful football program, and that is because of the young men involved, as well as the (slightly older) men and women who coach and make backoffice things happen.

Thanks to all. Now, how about scheduling Air Force?
Back to the top

Yep.. they made it exciting.. even into their last game.
Back to the top

Just seems like last year when they ran though the tunnels at ProPlayer stadium as rookie signees.
Back to the top
Control functions: