Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Attendance Idea - What do you think?

I had an idea this morning on how to reach the 37,500 number. I believe that the NCAA counts attendance as the number of people in the building (fans, staff, players, police, etc.), but does it have to be all at the same time? Could they not have a promotion where, say, everyone leaves at half time for a concert or something outside the stadium and everyone gets free admission for the second half? That would basically double your attendance number. I don't know how that would be counted by the NCAA, but it would seem to be within their guidlines. I'm just trying to be creative on how to get to this large number. Let me know what you all think.
Back to the top

creative, but I dont think it will fly.
Back to the top

creative, but I dont think it will fly.

Why not? They are basically going to be letting people in the building anyway. They are making it perfectly clear that they are trying to do whatever it takes to hit that number. Why would it not be perfectly within the rules for 20,000 people to leave a sporting event at halftime and decide later to come back in…with a new ticket, in a new location. Why is it any less "sneaky" than a team playing from Louisiana playing Arkansas in Little Rock as a home game? I think this could work.
Back to the top

I like yout thought process.. ;)

I believe the NCAA are using "butts in seats" attendance method of counting, not turnstile.
They used to take head counts in the late 3rd or early 4th qtr. I don't know if they have the same rule.

But like you said, we are advertising the "open door come as you are method". They may have to reissue tickets. It is interesting.

Back to the top

I like yout thought process.. ;)

I believe the NCAA are using "butts in seats" attendance method of counting, not turnstile.
They used to take head counts in the late 3rd or early 4th qtr. I don't know if they have the same rule.

But like you said, we are advertising the "open door come as you are method". They may have to reissue tickets. It is interesting.

To my knowledge, they use a turnstile count. For student tickets for example, at Lockhart, they use a number clicker. Nobody is going around to count heads. That would be much too complicated.
Back to the top

Duhhh. You're right. :-[ They do use turnstile instead of tickets sold. That eliminated the "Publix buying blocks of tix" and distrubuting them and folks not coming.
But the tickets sold still counted toward attendance.
That part has changed.
Back to the top

Hmmm, I should be able to get in twice, once with my student ID, and once with my season ticket.

I like your idea.
Back to the top

Well if they are using turnstyle count, give that sucker a few spins before or after you walk through it. :D
Back to the top

Even if I don't use all my season tickets for any given game, I make sure each one gets accounted for at the games - Make each and everyone count.
Back to the top

they use ticket stubs and clicker counts for the students. Personally I like the idea of going in a few times. Hey if I bought the tickets I should be able to use them.
Back to the top
Control functions: