Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Well, we've done our part..

on the field. The rest is up to the fans and the surrounding communites. These players have played their hearts out. They have endured many obstacles to get to this point. We have a VERY GOOD PRODUCT on the field. No school have accomplished what we have in making the playoffs last year. No 3rd year(It was the beginning of our 4th year) team have gone off and WON 6 timezones later, in Hawaii.

We can only wait on something which we cannot control. Attendance. If attendance was an opponent who suited up and took some snaps, then I'm certain we would win against them too!

A poster on FIU's board said FAU is desperate for fans by our giveaways and Coach Howard's plea. FIU won't resort to that. Guess what? We are. Our Admin is all over this thing as they should be! We have the winning program and still we're working on getting the fans in the seat. This will all change next year. They will come out because of this year's publicity alone.
Hopefully FIU have a safety net in place if they start losing next year again

Go Owls!
Back to the top

on the field. The rest is up to the fans and the surrounding communites. These players have played their hearts out. They have endured many obstacles to get to this point. We have a VERY GOOD PRODUCT on the field. No school have accomplished what we have in making the playoffs last year. No 3rd year(It was the beginning of our 4th year) team have gone off and WON 6 timezones later, in Hawaii.

We can only wait on something which we cannot control. Attendance. If attendance was an opponent who suited up and took some snaps, then I'm certain we would win against them too!

A poster on FIU's board said FAU is desperate for fans by our giveaways and Coach Howard's plea. FIU won't resort to that. Guess what? We are. Our Admin is all over this thing as they should be! We have the winning program and still we're working on getting the fans in the seat. This will all change next year. They will come out because of this year's publicity alone.
Hopefully FIU have a safety net in place if they start losing next year again

Go Owls!

Desperate? You bet! We have a goal and are trying to reach it. If this was FIU's home game, you bet that they would be doing the exact same thing. There is no shame in what we are trying to do. To me, it's a more honorable way to go about it than playing a home game in another state to attract the visiting team's fans.

Even if we fall short tomorrow, the way the local sports community has supported the effort is encouraging. I was never a big Dan LeBatard fan in the past, but I am now. I may not agree with some of what he writes, but you have to respect someone who helps out a cause that is not his own. He has certainly done his part because he believes that the success of FAU (and FIU for that matter) will benefit all of South Florida.

Plus, even if we don't hit 37,341, we will most likely be playing in front of the biggest hoime crowd, certainly this year, if not ever. If just a small percentage like what they see, become FAU fans and buy season tickets, then it is worth it to help reach the goal next year.
Back to the top

I will also add that, as a season ticket holder and I'm sure most feel the same way I do, booster, founding members and whoever has supported this team through attendance, Funds drive, etc - knows that this is part of the growing pain this program must endure to make sure we reach our goal.

We are struggling with attendance now, but we are also getting a bunch of exposure locally & nationally as well, this is priceless - you use you best resources and guest what Coach is it - his name has brought the money needed to start this program and he still brings recognition to FAU and the community. I must take back the "begging for fans" statement I made earlier because it doesn't reflect and put all this into proper perspective. It's not begging, but rather a simple campaign, with the objective of getting 37,000+ fans to show support for a group of young men who started a program from scratch. And you use what ever means available to acheive that goal. Will enough people hear the message and rally in support?

If we don't reach the mark on Saturday we still need a large turn-out to make any petition we file or motion we make more viable.

Back to the top
Control functions: