Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Just a few observations...

1) There were more FAU fans there than FIU fans, despite the longer travel distance. It was a pretty good crowd on FAU's side. FIU's side was not very full.

2) The final score was closer than it should have been. Coming into the game, I was expecting FAU's offense to rack up the points.

3) Jared Allen deserves to be MVP. His passes, on the most part, were excellent. He was passing to spots on the field where the WR will be. Excellent timing, which is just an example of what experience does. 311 yards and 2 TD's.. what a game.

4) Parker only had an OK game. He didn't reach 100 yards, but had a 3.2 ypc.

5) The OLine didn't play as well as they could of. Allen was pressured a lot with FIU's blitz schemes. Parker had a few holds, but was held in check by a suspect FIU defense.

6) Bynes is the real deal. That TD catch in the 4th quarter where Jared scrambled, hit Bynes behind the safeties and was off with the horses was an excellent play. It won the game for us.

7) FAU's Special Teams played horrible. Kickoff coverage was not that good, and Myers kept on missing field goals in the beginning of the game. He does however have a rocket of a leg. He had a few touchbacks. Reminded me of Olindo Mare. Brown did ok kicking punts. I dont think he got any inside the 20 and his long was 41. Also allowed a successful on-side kick that made the game interesting with 10 seconds left.

8) FAU run defense played hard. Barely allowed 50 yards on the ground.

9) FAU's defense really wanted to shut down FIU in the end of the 4th before the TD catch. I felt bad for the seniors after they scored a TD making it a 7 point game. They were pumped!

10) It was almost as fun watching the cannon shooters mess with FIU's band as it was watching the football game! It was hillarious!

11) Damn, that cannon is loud.

12) The half time show was horrible! I dont think the singers for halftime were singing in time with the loud speakers in the stadium.

13) That's an awsome FAU rap song that they played during half time and after the game. I'm not a big rap fan, but I thought it was very good.

14) FIU's band director is very inconsiderate. He refused to stop playing songs during halftime when they were having their "money getting" game. 2 people had to come over to try to get him to stop his band after he wouldn't listen to the first lady. He needs to remember that his band is the visiting band, and be considerate of FAU's halftime plans and promotions. The microphone level was raised so we could hear him speaking over the band.

15) FAU needs a band.

16) Next year, I'm parking in the blue zone right outside gate B so I don't have to walk all the way around the stadium in order to get in. :)

Well, there you have it! I think it was a great hard fought game. Although there wasn't 37 thousand in the stands, it was a nice turnout for FAU.. Great game! Congrats seniors! 3-0 in the Shula Bowl! :)
Back to the top

Very well summed up. It was closer than it should have been. They had a few opportunities inside the 20 and came way with nothing. Myers was usually very reliable, as was FIU's kicker this year. Makes you wonder if they were having trouble with their footing. Also, there may be something to that as the contest kicker guy fell on his face…which was hilarious.

Also, I agree with you about the O-line. I think that was only thing preventing a blowout was the inconsistent blocking. A lot of young linemen got to play this year, so that experience and another full offseason should translate into good things for the future.

And yes, we need a band…a big one(that counts toward attendance ;))

Back to the top

Yeah, FIU's kicker was also missing fieldgoals.. Very weird.. I think Olindo Mare (if he plays??) will have a harder time with footing tomorrow being that we beat up the field today.. lol

I think Myers has a tendency to kick the ball low, which is why a lot of teams have an opportunity to block his kicks.. That's not a reason why he missed them today, but just something I noticed and also heard the announcers say on the radio.

Also, Dantson Dareus had a pretty good night, 2nd on team in receiving… He's not as fast, and probably isn't as talented, but had a nice night.

I didn't know Aaron Sanchez also returned kicks??!? He had a quiet night.
Back to the top

The half time show was very, very bad. "DJ Monotone"? Yes, they were playing voice over the PA and it was out of sync with the singer. The whole thing was headache-inducing.

The FAU rap song, however, was great. I don't like rap/hip-hop, but I thought this was hilarious. Does anyone have a recording of the song or some of the lyrics? Some parts were too fast to understand what they were saying.

The game was the best one I've been to. The production besides the half time show was great. The contests were plentiful and the Jumbotron was used well. I would love to have more games at Pro Player if they weren't so empty.
Back to the top

Jumping Jared at the endzone was the best!! :o
Back to the top

10) It was almost as fun watching the cannon shooters mess with FIU's band as it was watching the football game! It was hillarious!

lol.. we had a ton of fun messing around with them… we hung the linched cat from the band dir. ladder.. he never even noticed even when the entire band was yelling at him. They were the most fun we have had with any band.
Back to the top

lol.. we had a ton of fun messing around with them… we hung the linched cat from the band dir. ladder.. he never even noticed even when the entire band was yelling at him. They were the most fun we have had with any band.

I saw that also! I could hear the band members yelling at the director and he was oblivious! Quite humorous.

Dolfan…Great summary. Definitely liked the Jared endzone dive. It was so nice to have instant replay!!! I can't wait to have a real stadium.
Back to the top

Jumping Jared at the endzone was the best!! :o

Brilliant!!

The way the gamed played out summed up the entire season - our dificulties in the RED ZONE. It has been a torn in our side all year and prevented us the cushion we could have had in many games this year, but great win regardless.

From what I am being told - we will have a band next years with uniforms and everything. It will be different from the previous years, where the band was more a voluntary thing. So things are looking up!!

Back to the top

Jared did an awsome job as far as putting himself on the line. I have never seen him more physical, especially jumping twords the endzone. I wish he had made it, that might of been on the highlight reel on sunshine.
Back to the top

Good summation. The OC kept this ine too close for comfort. I really wasn't concerned about losing, just the score was too close. The best thing may have been for us to get behind.

Then Allen would have called his own plays….. ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: