Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Shula Trophy Once Again returning to Boca

Overall a very hard fought game by both sides and a great way for the seniors to go out.

Allen capped an outstanding college career with one of his best games and the D was outstanding.

Obviously the attendance was well short of 37,000, but it was a pretty good crowd…would have looked great at Lockhart ;D. I was a little disappointed by the FIU turnout. It's a much closer drive for them, you would think they would have had a better showing.

Anyway, i'm confident that the rule will either be repealed or we'll get a waiver due to the hurricanes.

Finally, you can't say enough about the seniors. Like they said on the radio after the game, they laid the foundation for a winning program, now it's up to the underclassmen to make it a tradition. Can't wait till next year! GO OWLS!
Back to the top

3-0 in the Shula Bowl!

Congrats to the Seniors! It was a great game. It woulda been near a sellout at Lockhart.. (I believe Lockhard seats 20k.. i think)

I'm certainly going to miss Allen abck there behind center next year, and Bynes catching his passes.

Good luck to all the Seniors in the future!
Back to the top

first i want to say thank you to a hell of a class, they really have created somthing special here at florida atlantic. definitly a great class to get this football program started here at FAU.

second i want to take my hat off to Mr. Howard Schnellenberger, this guy worked his ass of this week; i'm be listening to the radio, there he is, watching sunshine, half time interview. hell, he was even on cold pizza this week. alot of times i think this guy's too old to understand what's going on half the time, but he was great this week in his promotion of this program. we couldn't ask for a better statesman to represent us here at FAU. did i mention this guys' in his mid 70's?

couldn't be prouder to call myself an FAU alum than this year after a great football season from a great team and great coaching staff.

go owls!
Back to the top

Anyone know what the trophy for the Shula bowl looks like? Have any pictures? GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Bam.. 3 in a row.. here is a pic from the field after the win. Im glad the trophy is coming back to Boca, the Oxley Centers founder room just wouldnt look the same. This was a really fun season.

Back to the top

Great game it was - it will be hard not seeing these guys on the field, but it is time to pass the torch to the new Owls. It will be a major adjustment next year, but should be fun wacthing the new guy compete for all those starting position. The team will have a new look and feel.

Back to the top
Control functions: