Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Shula Bowl Comments and Pictures

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Here are my pictures from the FAU-FIU game:

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.palmswestpr…_FIU_1_12_04_04/index.htm

More Pictures

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.palmswestph…un.exe?showphotos+1000185

I attended my first FAU game of this year on Saturday. I picked a good one.

Joe Robbie Stadium is a great facility inside and out. This was my first time shooting pictures from field side. That grass is nice.

I was disappointed in the size of the crowd, but it was not terrible. The FIU support was pretty poor. I expected better.

The FAU fans got loud a few times, but not enough. The FIU fans made almost no noise at all. It takes time to develop game noise, cheers and traditions, I suppose.

The FIU band was very good, despite its small size. The halftime jazz show (which was terrific but sounded so much like Troy's show - same music - from a year or two ago) would have been enjoyed by all, if the P.A. guy had turned off the canned music.

That halftime singer was awful. To her credit, there was a second or more delay between speaking and hearing the voice over the sound system. Even Howard Schnellenberger had some trouble with that after the game.

The FAU canon is amazing! I found myself standing g next to it during FAU's first TD and was blown almost out of my socks. My head is still ringing. The they shot it again after the PAT. Ugh!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Fan support after the game was touching. The fight near the tunnel was embarrassing. It's a good thing the officials got it simmered down before the trophy presentation kicked into full gear.

FAU had a great season this year and would have gone to a bowl if eligible.

Good luck with your season and attendance next year. I hope to see my first team (Troy) down here for a great game next fall. I'll definitely be back and will bring some friends next season.

The winning TD!

Back to the top

You had some great pictures on there! :)
Back to the top
Control functions: