Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Oklahoma State in '05

The official Oklahoma State website now lists the game at FAU for Sept. 10, 2005. Here is the link:

http://www.okstate.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=1420&SPID=143&DB_OEM_ID=200&Q_SEASON=2005
Back to the top

Oklahoma State in '05

We'll just have to give those Cowboys an Owl welcome won't we. :)
Back to the top

Oklahoma State in '05

Looks like Kansas is keeping track of the Owls ;)

KU adds Louisiana Tech to football schedule
By Ryan Wood, Journal-World Sports Writer

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Louisiana Tech announced last week that its football team would travel to Lawrence to play Kansas University at Memorial Stadium, likely on Sept. 17, 2005.

Tech's confirmation makes all but one spot on KU's 2005 schedule filled. Another nonconference opponent – on Sept. 10, 2005 – still is unknown.

KU won't confirm any of its nonconference opponents until all contracts are signed and delivered, but Florida Atlantic already has announced it would come to Lawrence next year, probably Sept. 3. Louisiana Tech's announcement leaves just one vacancy to be filled on next year's schedule.

Jim Oakes, Tech's athletic director who schedules the Bulldogs' football games, was traveling with the team Monday and was unavailable for comment. However, the Shreveport Times reported last week that the KU-Tech game was a one-year deal, meaning KU won't have to travel to Ruston, La., to complete the contract in the future.

The Bulldogs will come to Lawrence next year fresh off a game with perennial power Florida the week before in Gainesville, Fla.

KU and Louisiana Tech have played once before, Sept. 26, 1987, in Lawrence. The Bulldogs won that game, 16-11, and KU went on to a 1-9-1 season. Glen Mason took over the program the following year.

This year, Louisiana Tech is 6-6 overall, including a 5-3 mark in the Western Athletic Conference. The Bulldogs have played a grueling schedule this year, including games against top-25 foes Miami (Fla.), Tennessee, Auburn and Boise State.

"From a power-rating standpoint, this (2005) schedule is certainly more favorable toward having a winning season," Oakes told the Times last week.

Monday, Louisiana Tech hammered Rice, 51-14.

?<br>Gordon watch: He's hanging on, but KU sophomore Charles Gordon still has a share of the Division I-A lead in interceptions.

With seven picks, Gordon is tied with Louisiana-Monroe's Chris Harris for the national lead. Neither player has any games left this season.

Five players have six interceptions this year.

Some outsiders are taking notice of Gordon's big season. The Carson, Calif., native was recognized by Sports Illustrated as the most underrated player in the Big 12 Conference and one of the six most underrated players in the nation in last week's issue.

?<br>FAU troubles: Florida Atlantic, one of KU's three nonconference opponents in 2005, played Saturday's 49-15 victory over NAIA foe Edward Waters a bit short-handed.

All 26 seniors on the Owls ditched Wednesday's practice and had a cookout at a players' house, a "skip day" of sorts.

It didn't fly with FAU coach Howard Schnellenberger, who benched the seniors for the first quarter Saturday. Fourteen of the punished players were starters for FAU this year.

"We didn't want to upset anybody," quarterback Jared Allen told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. "We probably didn't think it all the way through."

Back to the top

Oklahoma State in '05

Good to see confirmation from OSU. Can't wait for the trip to Kansas and the visit from the Cowboys. Hopefully, the new-look Owls will be ready. I have a feeling that they will!
Back to the top

Oklahoma State in '05

Will we be playing OU at Lockhart or Pro Player? I hope the NCAA drops that stupid attendance clause...
Back to the top

Oklahoma State in '05

Will we be playing OU at Lockhart or Pro Player? I hope the NCAA drops that stupid attendance clause…

I'm pretty sure that the game would be played at Pro Player, at least that is what I think the OSU AD had said. It would be great to fill Lockhart, but I think this game will get over 25,000.
Back to the top

Oklahoma State in '05

Oklahoma State in '05

You really think this game will attract that many? That would be so cool.. I already cant wait… :D

I was actually raised in England and never been to a pro football game (never could call a team my own until FAU finally did it) I waited 8 years. Anyway, that would be a great game if we could get close to that amount.

I'm a little nervous about losing so many seniors!!! :'(
Back to the top

Oklahoma State in '05

You really think this game will attract that many? That would be so cool.. I already cant wait… :D

I'm a little nervous about losing so many seniors!!! :'(

We will be returning enough players with expirence to lead the new guys into battle next year - Even with the schedule getting thougher, IMO I think Coach, even if some folks think he has lost his mind, believes he has the players in place to be competitive with the teams on our schedule - from past year, he has always schedule those over our head opponents.

I am already looking forward to spring & fall practices to begin.
Back to the top

Oklahoma State in '05

The only thing that worries me is what happened with the Edward Waters game when all the seniors were benched. The 2nd team could not hold there ground and were losing 7-0. Coach had to put the seniors back in at the first quarter instead of at halftime like he planned… obviously after that we destroyed 'em.

When will we find out who our new recruits are?
Back to the top

Oklahoma State in '05

Congrats on a big time game at home. You guys should definitely bring in the crowd. Hopefully your QB will be caught up to speed to compete of OK St. Kudos to your AD and Coach for setting up a good matchup!
Back to the top
Control functions: