Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Offensive coordinator resigns

:( Check out the article, looks like Gary Nord will take over the position. By the way, who is Gary Nord?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/fau/sfl-fau120904,0,1910938.story?coll=sfla-fau
Back to the top

He did a hell of a good job for us though and I thank him especially for his work with Allen.
Back to the top

It was discussed after the game on Saturday by some players and a few fans. The returning players are pumped about Nord. They see him as a fairly aggressive OC. As you can see his stats are very impressive. I don't think it will be any type of down grade in the position. Coach Seiple did fine at the helm. Now Coach Nord will get his shot at it.

Gary Nord's profile:

http://fausports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/nord_gary00.html
Back to the top

With the type of playmakers that we should have, I look forward to an agressive offensive coordinator.
Back to the top

I agree mh2os. We have the studs to really open things up. This will make the QB battle even more interesting with Nord at the helm.
You can see his stints at OU and Louiseville. Running and scrambling QB's!!!!!! We know the offense will probably improve.

I pulled this from his bio:

Despite being decimated by injuries, in 2002, UTEP knocked off state rival Rice in El Paso before a regional television audience. He will come to FAU with the understanding of not only Coach Schnellenberger, but the process of building from the ground up after he finished the 2001 campaign with 25 freshmen and sophomores listed on the two-deep. During his head coaching stint at UTEP, five Miners were selected in the draft, and a handful of others have signed free agent contracts.

With Nord as offensive coordinator, UTEP improved from 97th nationally in total offense in 1997 to 51st in 1998 and 43rd in 1999. In 2000, the Miners ranked 22nd nationally in scoring offense, 27th in passing offense and 36th in total offense. UTEP rated 19th in the country in passing efficiency defense.

Back to the top

I always hate to see a coach go when we have had success, but I will agree that this could be something positive for the offense.

Good luck to Seiple in getting a position at the NFL level.
Back to the top

Thanks for the background on Noll. Its good to know he's coming in packing some heat… 8-)
Back to the top
Control functions: