Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Back to Hawaii

Just heard on ESPN Radio that Jared Allen and Chris Laskowski have been invited to play in the Hula Bowl. Congrats guys!

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Back to Hawaii

Great news!
When is the players list coming out? Curious as to who Laz will be playing with on defense.

Also who will Allen be competeing for headlines.
Back to the top

Back to Hawaii

Back to Hawaii

Two Seniors Cap Collegiate Careers with Another First
?<br>Allen and Laskowski Invited to play in Hula Bowl ?<br>

Dec. 15, 2004

Boca Raton, FL - Jared Allen and Chris Laskowski may go down in the Florida Atlantic University annals as the most decorated players in the program's history and the duo added one more accomplishment when they accepted an invitation to play in the 59th Annual Hula Bowl Maui, 2 pm, January 22, 2005.

Both have played in every game during their four-year collegiate careers which also equate to the program's first 47 games.

"I'm both proud and very happy for Jared and Chris for their most appropriate invitation to play in the Hula Bowl," said FAU Head Coach Howard Schnellenberger. "They are probably setting another record by their selection. I feel confident that they will also distinguish themselves in practice and the game."

?<br>

?<br>
Allen was the team's MVP as a freshman after he led the program to its first victory a victory over ranked Bethune-Cookman in just the second game of the program's history. He garnered the program's Offensive MVP honors in 2002 and shared the team's MVP honor in 2003. His 2003 honor followed a season that saw him rise to No. 4 nationally in passing efficiency, spearhead a two-minute drill that led FAU to its first victory against a D I-A program in just the 22nd game of the program's history, and he ended his junior campaign by guiding the Owls to a No. 4 national finish and berth in the NCAA Division I-AA semifinal game. He shared the team's MVP title with Laskowski. His final campaign was more of the same. The season's first game was a thrilling come from behind victory over Hawaii, which was followed by two more D I-A victories. The squad concluded 2004 with a 9-3 record. Allen had a career mark of 26-19. His final two seasons at FAU saw the Oklahoma native post a 20-6 mark.

Laskowski joined the squad as a true walk-on in 2000 and worked his way into both a leadership and starting position. In his four-year career, he tallied a program leading 295 tackles for an average of 74 per season and 6.3 per game. The Florida native earned the team's MVP award as a sophomore, a year he recorded 84 tackles in 11 games. As a junior he shared the honor with Allen.

Both have also regularly been listed among the players who earn a 3.0 g.p.a. and both graduated December 10.

Coach Schnellenberger informed both players of their candidacy and both have solidified their participation.

"Coach told me in his typical style," said Allen referring to Schnellenberger informing him of the possibility to play. "We were posing for pictures after graduation and he said do you want to go to Hawaii for the Hula Bowl? I said yes and he told me I was a smart man."

The trip to Maui will afford the seniors an opportunity to showcase their talents in front of scouts from every NFL team. It will also provide another opportunity to play for an outstanding Coach.

The East team will be coached by Mark Richt, who played for Coach Schnellenberger while at the University of Miami. He is a native of Boca Raton Fla., who played quarterback at the University of Miami with Jim Kelly, Vinny Testaverde, and Bernie Kosar under the direction of position coach Earl Morral. He then took his knowledge to Tallahassee where he helped to develop a dominating passing game as Florida State's offensive coordinator. Currently, he is the head coach at the University of Georgia.

"It (the invitation) was certainly unexpected," said Laskowski. "It's a great opportunity for me and it is good for the school. I'm real happy for Jared, too."
Back to the top

Back to Hawaii

Just heard on ESPN Radio that Jared Allen and Chris Laskowski have been invited to play in the Hula Bowl. Congrats guys!

Guess what other famous Florida college football person has been there? ;D

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

More info on the history of the bowl:

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.hulabowlmaui.com/history/history.asp

Back to the top

Back to Hawaii

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.hulabowlmaui.com/sports/hula/rosters/#east
Back to the top

Back to Hawaii

Are his fingernails painted???

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Back to Hawaii

It will be awesome to see FAU helmets in a college All-Star game. Plus I know another college All-Star game has been cancelled due to a lack of sponsor, so even with 2 teams of spots reduced, we still got 2 guys in an All-Star game. Hopefully they will make some plays and the announcers will talk about them and their "up and coming" program!! ;D
Back to the top

Back to Hawaii

The guys should have a good showing. It will definitely give them a shot to perform in front of a national audience as well as giving them lots of exposure to NFL scouts. Good luck guys. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Back to Hawaii

Allen should get some good playing time. He is the #2 quarterback for the East. The other two QBs include a guy from Harvard and Bryan Randall from Virginia Tech. Hopefully Jared will put on a good show.

Laskowski will get some good playing time as well. The East has 7 linebackers on the roster. Laskowski is the smallest of the bunch so he will have something to prove. I am sure he will have a big game and make a name for himself. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Back to Hawaii

I usually don't wacth these type of games, but I will be tuning in on this one, just to see how Jared & Chris preform.

Good luck to both of them.

Go Owls!! Make us proud.
Back to the top
Control functions: