Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Recruiting - Truth or Rumor

I am having zero success in finding anything about FAU verbals. Somebody out there knows something. Let's hear it!
Back to the top

Welcome to the board hoot4fau.

Hopefully local papers will make it public. I personally haven't hear anything either. NCAA rules prohibit schools from commenting on verbals because it's not final until the NLI is signed.

Keep an eye on this site. The moderator, Larry, update the players pretty often this time of year. No D1-AA schools are listed yet. We are still in limbo therefore we will be listed with the D1-AA schools.

http://mb1.scout.com/ffloridakidsfrm2.showMessage?topicID=904.topic
Back to the top

I think we may be pleasantly surprised with who commits to be an Owl "player". Player being the operative word. ;)
Back to the top

I know Penn State's, Miami's, FSU's, etc. verbals. Are you saying 1-AA teams can't comment on verbals? And with the big graduation hit, do you think Howard will be looking for junior college transfers to help him through the next two years?
Back to the top

Oh, and thanks for the welcome. Hoot is my real life nickname, so there is a little play on words there. College of Engineering '87.
Back to the top

hoot4fau, the rules are that the teams cannot publicly comment on verbals. What some people see are the newspaper listing of players who made the verbal committment. However the coaches cannot make comments about who's coming until after they have signed. They're not supposed to anyway.

Owlfan1…are we expecting a coup from within the Owl community from Coach Schnell? We may be on the same page with our info. .. ;D

Back to the top

That may be true, but the recruits are certainly allowed to talk. They even call press conferences to announce their intentions. Nobody has heard of anybody saying that I am going to play football at FAU?
Back to the top

You're right. The colleges "encourages" the recruits to make the announcement public via press conferences or newspapers. It's driven by the universities.

Some good recruits are suppose to come through within the next few weeks. Hopefully we can land one or two.

As for you last sentence..hopefully it will come soon enough.

"Hi,I'm Joe Stud the #1 WR recruit from ___High school in Miami. I will play ball for FAU this year". Then he puts on his Owl cap and smile with his high school coach as he pose for ESPN.

Don't laugh. It sounds good anyway.. ;D

Back to the top

All I know that things have been way to quiet in "Owl Land", which can only mean BIG, BIG news soon!!

Darn it!! we need something to chat about ;)
Back to the top

So will there be a show or a special event where we will find out who our new recruits are. Will it be announced on ESPN…FAU doesn't usually get airtime on ESPN. I'm sure we'll get links to the info from our trusty moderators…. right ::)
Back to the top
Control functions: