Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Pro Day at FAU

Looks like Laz and Allen will be getting some recognition from the Hula Bowl. The others may get a good look at the FAU's football Pro Day.
I don't know a date yet but hopefully will have one soon.
Does anyone else have a date yet?
Back to the top

Pro Day at FAU

Pro Day at FAU

Here is what I know about the game so far:

The American Football Coaches Association is partnering with the Hula Bowl Maui All-Star Football Classic for the ninth time in 2005. This year's game will be held Saturday, January 22 at War Memorial Stadium on the island of Maui. The 59th annual classic will be televised nationally by ESPN and is scheduled to kickoff at 2:00pm HST/7:00pm EST

2005 HULA BOWL OUTLOOK

A total of six players from undefeated regular-season teams Auburn and Utah, and six second team Associated Press All-Americans are among the headliners for the 59 annual Hula Bowl Maui All-Star game.

Defensive back Junior Rosegreen and defensive end Bret Eddins are the Auburn stars, while Utah is represented by tailback Marty Johnson, guard Chris Kemoeatu, defensive lineman Sione Pouha and defensive back Morgan Scalley.

Rosegreen and Scalley are two of the six All-Americans. The others are Wisconsin guard Dan Buenning, kicker Matt Payne of Brigham Young, defensive end Jonathan Gaddard of Marshall and all-purpose performer Chad Owens of Hawaii.

The Rainbows have four other players in addition to Owens?quarterback Timmy Chang, defensive tackle Lui Fuga, guard/center Uriah Moenoa, and cornerback Abe Elemenian.

Among the quarterbacks are Ryan Fitzpatrick of undefeated Harvard and Sonny Cumbie, one of the most prolific throwers in the country, from Texas Tech.

One of the great flavors of the Hula Bowl game has always been the performance of players from Division I-AA and Division I-AAA. This year keep a close eye on potential stars Derrick Wimbuch, a running back from Fort Valley State, Fitzpatrick of Harvard, linebacker Boomer Gregory of Illinois State, safeties Ceandris Brown of Louisiana-Lafayette and Chris Harris of Louisiana-Monroe, center Rob Hunt of North Dakota State, wide receiver/kick returner Jamaica Rector of Northwest Missouri, tight end Tony Curtis of Portland State, quarterback Dustin Long of Sam Houston State and running back Dewhitt Betterson and defensive tackle Alfred Malone of Troy.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Pro Day at FAU

I was actually talking about the NFL Pro Day(scouts and recruiters) who will visit FAU for potential athletes who may make it as free agents.
Thanks for the Bowl info.

My post was a little confusing huh… :D
Back to the top

Pro Day at FAU

No confusion, propably should have started a new thread, lazy I guest 8-)

Back to the top

Pro Day at FAU

Which seniors will be participating in Pro Day? Any specifics? GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Pro Day at FAU

I haven't heard specifics yet. From what I understand about the process, it's up to the coaches to get the names out there.
The Lee Corso hype should help get a good look at a lot of the players. Just out of curiosity or because it's a Schnellingberger team.. ;D
Back to the top

Pro Day at FAU

The Lee Corso hype should help get a good look at a lot of the players. Just out of curiosity or because it's a Schnellingberger team.. ;D

I will be curious about the atmostshere and buzz that will surround this - if it's has anything to do with football and can at least feed my adiction then I'm interested or at least curb the withdrawal symptoms for a day anyway.
Back to the top

Pro Day at FAU

Pro Day and Combines: It's break the non-football mode for a day maybe. It's really boring. The scouts will time the players and measure jumps/lifts ALL DAY!!
Nothing really exciting.
Back to the top

Pro Day at FAU

Speaking of combines… it's good to see Jared Allen will get some more looks from NFL teams after the Hula Bowl.

Marcus Nelson
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Florida Atlantic quarterback Jared Allen will participate in the NFL scouting combine, giving pro scouts yet another chance to evaluate the Owls' four-year starter.

Allen and Owls linebacker Chris Laskowski also will participate in the Hula Bowl, a college all-star game, Jan.?22 in Hawaii.

"I've got two really good shots at showing the pros what I can do," said Allen, who threw for 8,100 yards and 50 touchdowns during in his career at FAU.

The scouting combine runs from Feb.?23 to March?1 in Indianapolis.

Since FAU's last game against Florida International on Dec. 4, Allen has been training in Edmond, Okla., his hometown.

Allen was back in Florida last week working out with Owls teammates and after the Hula Bowl expects to continue to prepare for the Hula Bowl and combine.

"Arm strength is something I am working on," Allen said. "I seem to be able to throw the NFL ball even better than I can the college ball. I've just been trying to get used to that and keep doing what I've been doing."

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Pro Day at FAU

I believe that Jared should get a good look by the NFL. By Looking at this past week of NFL games, he should fit right in. And these are playoff QB!!

But we all know it's a numbers game 1st and sometimes about who you know 2nd.
Back to the top
Control functions: